Is AMD 64 Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it only really matters if one chip kicks the other chips ass by miles if they are about the same i would just pick anyone...

zoomtm said:
SSE4: when you talk about the p4 3ghz beating the 3200+..i really hope you mean the amd athlon XP 3200+? cuz i looked through the benchmarks and the amd athlon 64 3200+ wins more than one benchmark against the p4 3ghz
Really? Are you seriously capable of reading? I suggest you check those benchmarks again. It wins twice. One in a "benchmark" that doesn't even really make much sense form a multitasking perspective, and again in another.

Also, I would expect this kind of "Maturity" from someone who doesn't know enough to even argue the fact, way to show your knowledge Giancarlo. And/or lack thereof.

The Pentium 4's offer very good performance in real-time application outside of the benchmarks. Since half the people here only know benchmarks (Or nothing at all, like in Giancarlos case) they aren't really in a position to openly debate the topic.

vegaslon said:
well sorry to bust your bubble but its true intel proccesors these days just have the technology in them to run alot of applications at a reasonable performance while the amd 64 can run one application really good but slows down when you give it too much to do. it has to do with the hyperthreading on the pentium two cpus of the same speed is just going to except more without flooding its pipelines so when you are talking about two proccess heavy applications at once you are going to see a higher perfomance from the pentium maybe not on the bench marks but you will see it especially if you are running stuff through two diffrent ide channels while you are working.

Yeah, my 3400+ CAN multitask, but when I suddenly load 5 anti-spyware programs, Windows Media Player and try to surf the net, it sloooowwwwwssssss wayyyyyy down. However, AMD's do pwn Intel in gaming :D

i suggest you all shut up and close the thread because this is going no were and there flaming.

I think the kid gets the point now.

(AMD PWNS INTEL, INTEL PWNS AMD)

Thats all you guys are doing, your just coming out with shit like that.

vegaslon said:
well sorry to bust your bubble but its true intel proccesors these days just have the technology in them to run alot of applications at a reasonable performance while the amd 64 can run one application really good but slows down when you give it too much to do. it has to do with the hyperthreading on the pentium two cpus of the same speed is just going to except more without flooding its pipelines so when you are talking about two proccess heavy applications at once you are going to see a higher perfomance from the pentium maybe not on the bench marks but you will see it especially if you are running stuff through two diffrent ide channels while you are working.

Funny I don't notice this at all. The AMD 64 can run many applications really good. I love this myth you guys are spreading around. IT is so funny. Thanks for the laugh though. Especially you SSE4. Telling me I don't know anything? Sheesh, I know a shitload more then you. And I can at least read benchmarks properly. Real time applications? I don't see how an Intel is any better then an AMD 64 in multitasking. You people need to get off you delusions and start thinking, especially you SSE4... you are not open minded enough to talk in this debate because you are an intel fan boy.

"Also, I would expect this kind of "Maturity" from someone who doesn't know enough to even argue the fact, way to show your knowledge Giancarlo. And/or lack thereof."

I'm not ZoomTm. Look at it this way, you are the one showing the lack of maturity and the lack of knowledge. You go around attacking the people who have been at this for quite some time (the ones who actually know a fair share) and then you proclaim yourself the biggest know-it-all here. You are nothing more then pompous in my opinion. And the personal insults of peoples intelligence can be left out. This isn't the time nor the place for them. You don't know me personally, so don't go making statements about me.

Whatever...the point is that you should buy the CPU according to your needs.

Closed due to lack of intrest from me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom