New Computer

DarkDragon7099

Baseband Member
Buying New Computer, need help choosing :p

Hi, I'm thinking about buying a new computer but I would like everyone's opinion first as I am not an expert in hardware stuff.

I have two options:

[Option 1]
[Fujitsu-Siemens Deutschland PC V]
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ [2,4Ghz]
RAM: 1024MB DDR400
HD: 320GB S-ATA
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 6600 256MB PCI-Express Overclocked
Double-Layer DVD+-R/+-RW Burner
Integrated DVB-T Tuner
11in1 Card Reader
6-Channel-Sound
Infrared Remote Control
Software Packet
6xUSB (2xFront), 1xFireWire

[Option 2]
[Dell Dimension 8400 Essential]
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 540 HT (3,2Ghz, 1MB Cache, 800Mhz FSB)
Free Dell Clor Inkjet Printer
RAM: 1024MB Dual-Channel DDR2 RAM, 400Mhz (2x512MB)
HD: 160GB SATA (7.200 U/Min) with 8MB DataBurst Cache
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 6800 GTo 256MB (I'll Overclock it later if I get this one)
16x DVD-ROM/48x/32x/48x CD-Burner

They both cost 999€, I'm looking for the best one to play recent games like Doom 3, Half-Life 2 and FarCry

Thanks everybody :p

I like the video card (6800GT) from the Dell system, but that's all I like about that one. The Siemens have the Athlon 64 CPU and the 11 in 1 card reader which I love also.

My decision would be to get the seimens one. I'm sure the 6600 will run nicely. I never heard of that company making PCs though. Dell has the name.

They actually have lots of PCs on their website (although you have to go to their Online Shop thingy) I'm buying it from a German website ('cause I live in Germany) and so it doesn't have any shipping fees on products that cost more than 300€ so I only pay the computer and they send it home. I also read reviews about the AMD Athlon 64 3700+ and it performs as well as a Pentium 4 HT 3,4Ghz processor and the revews of the 6600 say that you can get the values a little bit over a normal 6600GT by only overclocking it with RivaTuner. So I'll go for the Fujitsu Siemens I think, but I would like other peoples opinions too, so just post what you think. ;)

btw, when I posted 6800GTo it wasn't a typo, GTo is a kind of "Special Edition" that is between the 6800GT and the 6800Ultra, in the review it said that the GTo could be overclocked with RivaTuner to perform about 2% better than a normal Ultra :S

Back
Top Bottom