Is AMD 64 Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is again the myth of the intel fan boys... the only dense one here is SSE4. Benchmarks were provided by a previous poster. Don't ever go with Intel. You'll will be happy.

I love how ignorant your posts are. You call people fanboys yet the word seems to describe you best. Anyway, T-Doit, if you are big on games than the AMD64 will offer you far greater performance than an Intel will provide you. The default framerates and settings you can play the game on will be better with a more efficient AMD processor. However if you are not that interested in gaming than it is unlikely an AMD64 will prove as useful to you as an Intel. It depends on what you do with a computer primarily.

hmmm well im getting mixed reviews but seeing as how im not rich enough to get a freakin p4 3.7EE anytime soon i think i am just goin to keep watching newegg to stock those veince 3800+ and get one of those bad boys i think i will not be didapointed

SSE4 said:
I love how ignorant your posts are. You call people fanboys yet the word seems to describe you best. Anyway, T-Doit, if you are big on games than the AMD64 will offer you far greater performance than an Intel will provide you. The default framerates and settings you can play the game on will be better with a more efficient AMD processor. However if you are not that interested in gaming than it is unlikely an AMD64 will prove as useful to you as an Intel. It depends on what you do with a computer primarily.

I previously had an Intel before. Again, you are the one who is ignorant and blatantly ignorant to that matter. You boast about your ignorance. That's dangerous. Very dangerous.

Giancarlo said:
I previously had an Intel before. Again, you are the one who is ignorant and blatantly ignorant to that matter. You boast about your ignorance. That's dangerous. Very dangerous.
A Pentium 200 w/MMX doesn't count. Now that's just being ridiculous. I also have trouble reading the majority of your post, so I wont bother.

SSE4 said:
A Pentium 200 w/MMX doesn't count. Now that's just being ridiculous. I also have trouble reading, so I wont bother.

You have trouble reading? Finally you were honest. You are so ridiculous.

SSE4: when you talk about the p4 3ghz beating the 3200+..i really hope you mean the amd athlon XP 3200+? cuz i looked through the benchmarks and the amd athlon 64 3200+ wins more than one benchmark against the p4 3ghz

well sorry to bust your bubble but its true intel proccesors these days just have the technology in them to run alot of applications at a reasonable performance while the amd 64 can run one application really good but slows down when you give it too much to do. it has to do with the hyperthreading on the pentium two cpus of the same speed is just going to except more without flooding its pipelines so when you are talking about two proccess heavy applications at once you are going to see a higher perfomance from the pentium maybe not on the bench marks but you will see it especially if you are running stuff through two diffrent ide channels while you are working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom