Why is HOTMAIL so slow??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

graemeb99

Beta member
Everytime I try and get into hotmail it takes ages to load up. The sign in page comes up quickly (as do all other web pages I seem to browse) but as soon as I click "sign in" to access my inbox it seems to be taking forever.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

256mb isn't that slow though. Though I have a 600k connection and that does load it up rather fast.

When you say you sign in, you mean takes ages to load the sign in page? or after you put the details in?

I have a problem like that when running from internet explorer if its after you put your details in, and i just have to press go again after signing in for it to load up fast after it changes to a weird code at the top in address...otherwise it ticks at the bottom and hardly goes anywhere

Hope this helps
*KaGe*

Hotmail is very used indeed; and its used more and more every day. Its going to be slow but its not considerably slow and its faster than many. Do you have a great deal of E-Mails in your Box?

The sign in page loads quickly but when I enter my PW and hit continue it takes AGES to get to the Inbox.

I just downloaded Mozilla and it seems to be working fine. Bizarre that a Microsoft program is useless at running a MS website.

So problem solved for the time being. Thanks for your help guys.

I just noticed this posting is from 2005. It is now 2009 and I'm experiencing the same this with Hotmail, actually Windows Live Hotmail. After downloading WL a couple months back EVERYTHING on my computer is slower. Just browsing takes forever, and many times i have to refresh because i get an error page. Hotmail takes forever to load, upon initially opening and when opening every single email. SOOO frustrating! I, too, have just downloaded to Mozilla/Firefox to use as my browser. AND, I, too, don't understand why Mozilla would work faster than MSN... any further suggestions would be helpful.

This all depends on the traffic, which I can assure you would be rather high at certain parts of the day. Try logging in at midnight, and you'll probably get a faster response.

Plus, all the e-mails are saved online and viewed through your Internet connection. The more e-mails you have, the longer its going to take to load.

This is an old thread though, and bringing up old threads is against the guidelines, so I'm afraid I'll have to lock this, but that is your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom