New Case, IDE LED

Methost

In Runtime
Can't seem to verify if I have my IDE LED connection right on my new machine, but then it occurs to me ... is there any reason to worry about it if I am only Using SATA drives?

Hi,

I wouldn't think you'd need IDE if your drives and motherboard supports SATA. Its just another method of connecting drives to the PC, and so, no you shouldn't need it :)

Though I have no idea what a IDE LED. I just know that stands for light emitting diode in a bulb in electronics...

Hope this helps, and sorry you haven't got a reply sooner
*KaGe*

Yeah, the little blinky light on a case that tells you when your HD is in operation. Will it work when a SATA drive is in operation? Do people still use IDE connections for HDs? Why is there no SATA LED? =)

I don't think it'd matter, it should still link...

Its just a connection to the motherboard right? At least I get what you mean now by LED :p

*KaGe*

ide led is just a legacy name for it and no you dont need it hooked up at all it just shows you when your hard drive is active but not many have the time to be looking at that led all day watching their hard drive become active and inactive.
and yes it will work if you have it connected and are using sata drives.

if it lights up when windows is booting you have it connected right if it does not light up when windows is booting it is not connected right.

Back
Top Bottom