Why isn't there a 6600 Ultra?

Do they need to? I think the 6600 GT is already good enough. It's designed to be a mid-range card, making a Ultra version would make it more of a high-end model which is the opposite of what they intended to do. Becides, I think they should be concentrating more on other projects like the 6950 Ultra etc.

Yeah that's true, cuz a 6600 Ultra would prolly blow a 6800 NU outa thr water since they're already really close in performance. But still...a 6600 Ultra would be ownage.

Yeah, it would, but in the end it would've been a waste of time for nVIDIA to make the 6800 NU in the first place.

Haha...maybe by then they designed the cores to run so cool that even a GeForce 8 series only needs a small heatsink and no fan. :p

The next line of graphics cards is going to have 24 Pipelines and 512MB of Video Ram... I think they are going a bit overboard now... Not that I mind, price drops are always nice.

Really? Im talking about NVIDIA and ATI gaming cards not the CAD wildcat cards... ? There is 512mb ATI and NVIDIAs out? Cool.. can i have a link??

Back
Top Bottom