How fast can you run the mile?

rakedog

Fully Optimized
I'm on the track team, and coach says that I will break 5 minutes in like 2/3 weeks.

Right now I run a 5:09

I'm out of shape, and I don't care. Damn rakedog, that's an awesome speed you're going at. Are you in like crosscountry or something?

Yeah, lot of people say that, considering i'm only 14, and I'm going to break 5 minutes.. even my mom says I'm a bit crazy. :p I want to have like a 4:50 mile by june, as a freshman.. as a senior, anything under 4:20, and I'll be very happy indeed.

Well, height doesn't really matter... being light is a big plus.. having long strides is nice too (i'm 6 feet), but given that I'm 140 pounds, that's a downside.

rakedog said:
Yeah, lot of people say that, considering i'm only 14, and I'm going to break 5 minutes.. even my mom says I'm a bit crazy. :p I want to have like a 4:50 mile by june, as a freshman.. as a senior, anything under 4:20, and I'll be very happy indeed.

It's good that you have personal goals. My presonal goal for swimming is to get a 50.50 or better for the 100 yard Freestyle as a Freshman. Then by my Sophmore or Junior year my goal would be a 49.5ish (might not be that much of a difference, but it's really hard to improve in sprinting events). Not only would I have a CCS cut, it would be my best time ever which would be extremely glorious. :D

rakedog said:
Well, height doesn't really matter... being light is a big plus.. having long strides is nice too (i'm 6 feet), but given that I'm 140 pounds, that's a downside.

Well, that's not that bad of a weight considering you're 6 ft.

50 seconds for 100yds? What? That's.. 2 yards a seconds... that's jogging you do realize that?

Ohhh!!! I didn't notice the swimming part!! I'm like.. Alvino, the slowest person in the world can run 100 yards faster then 50 seconds.....

Back
Top Bottom