Dell Vs. HP....

bayo

Beta member
I have always used Dell computers; however, I have noticed that CompUSA sells HP, and that you can get better or similar deals out of them. Could you rate DELL vs. HP? I've seen about the same config with Intel P4 3.8 Ghz but HP seems cheaper.

Um...

I have a friend that has an HP setup. Came with everything. He got it from Wal-Mart for around 6 bills. Nice as far as that sort of thing goes but you have to bear in mind with Microsoft jerking around the likes of Dell/HP. you have any problems with xp and have to reload it you have to buy a new xp cd from the maker of your system. And that sucks a big one. Instant BS just add Bill Gates.
You'll be better off building your own system. Get an OEM copy of xp. It's cheaper...

what r u gonna be using it for? and what is your budget, a lot of us here could get a good bang for your buck

I will use it like a home- home business PC, but I also would love to be able to hook up a nice sound system for music, and some toys like DVD/RW. I've figured that XP is not the real problem but there are others like Norton Security, Money, MS office, Acrobat, that come with build up systems; these I'm using now, and I think I will need them. Have a P3 laptop now, but I'm getting sick out of it (three years old) my budget? I figure don't want to spend more than 1.8K.

hmmm, im lookin at a P4 with a sweet sound card and good speakers, also all those other programs u want, oh yeah, and 2 DVD burning Optical Drives, OOOOH YEAH, lol

Back
Top Bottom