Annoying Problem Erasing Files...

I don't know too much about the Registry, but what about checking your Processes in Task Manager to see if that game is running in the background somehow? End all the process that you don't feel is necessary or somehow is related to the game (like if you see Republic or game type .exe running). Check MSCONFIG in "Run" and take off statup items you don't need, especially the Star Wars game if you see it. Run some Disk Cleanup to get rid of temp junk. Or see if you can move that file to another location and try deleting it from there.

This might be a really generic and broad thing to do, but it may help or not. Can't hurt to double check those things though. I get those kind of error frequently when I try to delete something and it gives me the same error you got. I made sure everything is shut down or stopped, than delete it again.

I've tried going into the task manager and closing out the files. I closed out every single file running under my user name, but not the system or network service ones, as I thought they could have no effect on that thing. Another thing that I've said before is that this is NOT a complete program! It was a CANCELLED download file, so it is a whoppin' ZERO BYTES in total, and I don't see how the file could possibly run. It's just an icon. That being said, it didn't come up in MSCONFIG either...

Guess what happened just a few minutes ago?

I was downloading something, and my Internet connection was interrupted. I cancelled the download... And the same thing happened!!!

Now I have two useless icons on my desktop... This is horribly horrifying.

Jamxx said:
How can I go about removing this with Norton? I have Systemworks, so I have Utilities, and I can do it that way.

Do you know of the program called Wipe Info with Norton, drag the file into that and try to remove it.

Alright so I have the same problem, I tried using the regedit thing but I couldn't find any matching names.. how do I get this wipeinfo thing or whatever Jamxx used to remove his icons? Hopefully someone will reply, there hasn't been any activitity in this thread since April 4th...

Back
Top Bottom