PLS! help with cpu issue!!

Dukenukem17

Solid State Member
Hey everyone..im not a wizard in computers, so i need some help here please...

I've just bought world of warcraft.. this MMO game.. and it requires 800mhz of cpu speed... now my system propeties say i have a intel celeron cpu 2.40/2.39 GHz, which i tought to be bigger then 800mhz.. but alot of my games still lag so i checked the requirement program thing that comes with the game.. and if basicly shows the checks on the things i have and shows what i have running...

Now everything is fine... 512 mb of ram and a great video card but the cpu shows "required 800MHz / Running (negative)-1903MHz Geniune intel" can anyone help me here... idk if this is a stupid question... i just never understood cpus... do i need a new one? or am i missing somethin... if i have 2.40GHz doesnt that mean i have much more then 800MHz or does that 2.40 have nothing to do with the speed?

thanks for replys..

That would be minimum required...

256MB Ram which i have 512MB
800MHz
and just a good video card
and 4 GB of space.. which i have way over.. so that couldnt be a problem.

celeron's are not intels best processors and what video card do you have? You would be better off with a pentium 4 or an AMD 64.

so i hear.. amd is better then intel.. but doing so i would waste at least $250 with a new motherboard and the new processor... but i dont even know what the 2.40GHz means! so how could i go out there and get somethin new....

all im trying to find out is if i have over 800MHz of cpu speed already.. bc the requirement program thing that comes with the game says i dont.. like i said up there it says i have negative 1903.. i dont get it...

2.4GHZ means it is 2.4 gigahertz which is way over 800mhz. I dont know why it does that it might be a software bug.

great... now.. does that mean that 2.4 is CPU Speed? or could it be something else?

ps. would a AMD athlon xp be better then a pentium 4 celeron?

Celerons are not gaming processors. Remember, not all measurements of speeds are the same. For example, a 2 GHz Athlon 64 does not equal a 2 GHz Pentium 4. They are not the same speed. There are other factors that can cause differences, so don't always go by the speed.

Also, there is no such thing as a Pentium 4 Celeron. It is a Pentium 4 OR Celeron. I would get an Athlon 64, which is what I have and a lot of other people have. I'm very pleased with it! They are better for games, I believe, than a Pentium 4 of comparable speed.

I'm branching off into new territory here, but, if I'm correct, doesn't an Athlon 64 2 GHz equal somewhere along the lines of a Pentium 2.8 GHz as far as gaming performance goes? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I remember hearing (or seeing) somewhere.

Hope that helps, and I hope I got all of my information straight. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

-Jamxx

Back
Top Bottom