Counter Strike: Source (Help with problem please.)

olliebot

Solid State Member
Hi im new to this forum, i found it looking for anywhere for me to ask for help, im getting desperate. You see, Counter Strike: Source is great, but Steam/Valve (i think) messed up an update (that only affected some people for some reason). When they published 'bots' for the game, my game suddenly became slower, and laggier. (this could be because of other things, it just coincidentally happens to be around the same time as the update). I haev Defragmented my C drive, done a "disk cleanup", uninstalled unused things, removed unused files, made sure that the only thing running was steam and the game (other than background programs that i daren't touch incase i mess up the computer :S). It would be great if somebody could suggest a way to get rid of the lag problems. Im not sure what FPS your supposed to have (of what i used to have before the lag) but the problem had reduced my Frames Per Second to about 4, after defragmenting its between 9 and 11. This is an improvement, but not very much, its still impossible to play at such a frame rate. The lag is nothing to do with my internet connection, as it is a 2 MegaBit Blueyonder Broadband connection, even though my ping goes up to between230-450 now...

All help is appreciated, thank you!

is there a quick way to find out without going through a large list of documents? I have no idea on how to find out my PC Specs :S

download this program:

Everest
http://www.lavalys.com/
This is a updated version of Aida32. This one has a better libary of
motherboards and componets.

and then look at your ram and graphics card

ok type this into the concole and be done with your lag. "cl_cmdrate 0" and then "timerefresh"

btw what servers do you play on and whats your name? I'll play with you sometime

My CSs name is Ollie. I play in the CBW (canadian black watch) public server. Im just gonna try your Console code to see if that works, if it does thanks. If it doesn't i'll find out my specs and post em...

it didn't work :\

um, i cna't remember the server, i'll post it some time.

edit=

how do i use this program :S I'd tell you my Specs but i can't see what to do. o_O

make sure in the advanced video options that vsync is turned off too...wont help ping but u'll get more fps. might just be a laggy server your playing on too

i've never seen vsync anywhere, is it on the in-game video options? or is it on my computer somewhere? and can somebody tell me how to use this "everest" program? o_O lol. I haven't a clue...

Back
Top Bottom