Annoying Problem

downunder

Solid State Member
Hey all,

just recently an annoying prob started occuring. Whilst on MSN Messenger 7.0 (beta) every time i hit the left shift button, it opens up windows calculator, ive done spyware checks with adaware and spybot, nothin, and have PCcillin 2005 installed, and it has not detected anything.

Just wondering if anyone has come acroos this before and how do you fix it before you throw the bloody thing out the window.

Cheers

Dan

it doesn't do that for me, don't forget it is a Beta, there was an update for it a while back did you download it?

yeah did download it, still does it tho, it might not be related with MSN at all, im not sure, just happens when i hit the shift button for shortcuts for emoticons, so its only program i hit that button in.

Yer i don't think its anything to do with MSN Messenger try press Shift when your not on MSN have you tried that and does it open the calculator?

ok, just tried it outside of MSN and yep, calculators still come up, so not Messenger prob, any ideas what could be causing it??

go to your cal shortcut in your start menu then programs etc

right click the shortcut and see what it says for Shortcut key, i have just tried my self to set the shift but it doesn't let me so what does your say?

ok, it says "none" in the properties so no, there is no shortcut associated with it.

computer is getting closer to the window

lol, poor computer!

i have run out of ideas, what does right shift do, does it do the same as the left one?

Look on the bright side, you have a handy shortcut to your cal.

Before i forget do you have hot keys on your keyboard? maybe the drivers went a bit wrong!

the right shift does not do it, just the left. dont have hot keys. anyways, guess i should just get using the right shift instead :p thanx for your help technoman, any other guru's out there that can offer assistance?

Back
Top Bottom