Should I buy these parts?

T-Doit

In Runtime
I am planning to Upgrade my computer with these parts, tell me if u think theres anything I can improve. I'm Low on Money so I'm trying to get the cheapest stuff I can. I am pretty much a student who likes to play games and chat online with friends. I already hav the Hard Drive and CD-Rom and stuff like that, just Upgrading the Motherboard, the CPU, the Video Card, the Memory, and buying a new Case

Mach Speed Matrix PM2MP ATX Motherboard
------------------------------------------------
Socket 478 Connector
4 DDR DIMM Memory Slots
AGP Slot
2 PCI Slots
USB 2.0

Basically an All in One Motherboard

Intel Celeron D 340 2.93 GHz Processor
Socet 478

Nothing Much to say about it

GeForce FX 5500 256 DDR AGP 8x Video Card
CineFX Engine
nView Multi-Display Technology
Digital Vibrance Control
High Precision Graphics

I really want a good Graphic Card so I can play some good games.

DiabloTek Black Demon ATX Mid-Tower Case
5 Fan Ports 80mm
3 LED Fans Included
4x External 5.25" Drive Bays
2x External 3.5" Drive Bays
6x Internal 3.5" Drive Bays
Power Supply Not Included

I really like this case and Im sticking to it but will change if motherboard not compatible

PQI 512MB PC2100 DDR 266 MHz CL2.5 Memory
Nothin Much to Say

Socket 478 Intel Pentium 4 CPU Cooling Fan
Not much to say either

Tell me wat u think and if hav any Suggestions just add em here Thanks

Im buying it off this site and it comes with the motherboard, and its only 170$ US so I dunno if I should change it

That's not too bad for the budget your on. Should make a nice improvement over whatever ya got now. Although I would go with an Athlon XP 3200 Barton instead for just a little bit more, and then of course you'd have to change the mobo, but the cpu is better at the stuff you will be doing.

I also hav another questions, Does it matter wat kind of Ram can go into certain Motherboards, like the Motherboard Im buying says it can hav PC 2100, can I only hav PC2100 Ram?

Wait so you already have an Athlon XP 3200 and are gonna upgrade to a celeron d? Definitely don't do it. Stick with the CPU you have now trust me. As for the ram, PC-2100 isn't good, very low bandwidth. You should have at least PC-2700, but even that is kinda low-end, nearly everyone nowadays gets pc-3200.

Back
Top Bottom