PCI Express x16 vs AGP

I believe that the PCI Express 16x is supposed to be better, but not yet. As far as I know (which is about a few feet in front of me) games cannot yet take advantage of this 16x data transfer rate, but I really don't know. If you are building a computer now, go for a motherboard and graphics card that support PCI Express 16x.

I dunno, but I do know that the boards that support PCI-E are just better in general and will be better for the future so I would go with a PCI-E board.

i already own a motherboard with a PCI-E slot. i was just wondering because most graphic cards out there are ment for AGP

Those are older cards, most cards nowadays are primarily PCI-E, and then if AGP people are lucky the manufacturer will make an AGP version later, and they usually do.

haha, don't worry about it, get whatever has the best price, i run, well, you can see in my sig, but it can run any game i throw at it, very fast, and fantastic looking, and it's only PCI

AGP is running on a tight leash now. Because a lot of the boards out there (The 'future' of boards) are being built with PCI-E in mind. They already know the limits of the AGP BUS, and therefore PCI-E makes sense in consideration to the future growth of VGAs. They know the limits of PCI-E, but it's just better overall. More room for potential. Neither are really inherently better at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom