AMD 3500+ Winchester vs Clawhammer

signatus230

Beta member
He he, 1st post.

Anyway I just bought a 3500+ Clawhammer from newegg.com and I was wondering the difference (other than the 130nm vs. 90nm size ><)between the cores. I think the Winnie is better than the CH for OCing but I was wondering what everyone else thought or knew.

Well performance overall the Winchester is better by like 10% or something I forget. Plus it also keeps it a little bit cooler and can OC better. The CH is still good, so don't worry about it. Although I think it would have been wiser to make this topic before you made your purchase.

Welcome to CF! The Winchester is a newer core mad with the 90nm process instead of the Clawhammer's 130nm process. It's capable of OC'ing to about FX-55 speeds, although performance isn't as good since Athlon 64's multipliers are locked and FX's aren't. The Clawhammer is a pretty good core also, if you're not really going to OC.

Overclocking... dishonourable swine the lot of you - except Alvino, he's my god.

Winchester is... newer... than Clawhammer? The FX is Sledgehammer isn't it? very confusing; get a Smithfield and be done with it.

Haha. Well it started off with my normal Overclocking is for dishonourable swine. Then went on to say I didn't know what a Winchester was, and to get a Smithfield.

Oh, well whatever. :)

Also I've been wondering, what are your comp specs? I mean I'm sure it's a pentium, but I want the full detail.

Haha; AMD :D

Windows Server 2003 Enterprise, AMD64 3200+, 512Meg RAM, FX5200 256Meg Graphics, 320Gig Hard Drive, DVD-RAM.

Brought it late 2003; I needed and still do 64-bit for Longhorn Betas, it was the only option :D

WTFFFFFFFFFF?!!?!?!?!!!

I mean number one you have an AMD, that's enough to give me 3 heart-attacks in a row, then you have a 5200. You've failed me.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Overclocking... dishonourable swine the lot of you - except Alvino, he's my god.

Why thank you! :)

Lord Kalthorn said:
Winchester is... newer... than Clawhammer? The FX is Sledgehammer isn't it? very confusing; get a Smithfield and be done with it.

yeah, the Clawhammer is older than the Winchester. I think the Sledgehammer came out before the Winchester too.

Back
Top Bottom