Windows won't boot. HELP

mjl_2007

Baseband Member
Ok, so i change my bootscreen in safemode and now when I try to boot normal or in safemode, it just "freezes" and dosen't do anything.

well to get around this i think you have to hit the f8 key to get to the start menu, then choose last good config. that worked....it should now boot for you.

~mr mixx~ said:
well to get around this i think you have to hit the f8 key to get to the start menu, then choose last good config. that worked....it should now boot for you.

no that doesnt work either. No boot options work. That is the problem. Would boot disks do the trick? All I want to do is get my files back.

ok, so heres what im going to try. I gonna put in my windows installation disk and then go to repair windows. can i edit the boot.ini from there? what do i have to do with boot.ini?

thanks

mjl_2007 said:
ok, so heres what im going to try. I gonna put in my windows installation disk and then go to repair windows.

thanks
you can do this, but it will erase all data on your hhd...

mjl_2007 said:
can i edit the boot.ini from there? what do i have to do with boot.ini?

thanks
well i thought that you used a different boot skin, and it did'nt configure the boot.ini file right, there for making the comp. un-bootable.since this is not the case

can you get into bios, and see if the hhd is detected & active.if it is not active, then make it active.also if the partition in bios has ???? marks in the name, then it was not properly formatted.

i can get to bios. the hdd is fine. its windows thats the propblem i beleive. it won't even boot in safe mode. I find some software that will work I hope. But it cost some $$$. it is called ERD commandar. Sounds like it will work for my situation.

ok, i fixed it myslef. got erd commander running (awesome product) and got into system32 and got everything back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom