Win XPpro Problem

neolumi

Beta member
Hi, i'm wondering if anyone can help me out her. Whenever i start up my pc it goes into the normal login screen for windows xp (where you have to enter your username and password), but once i enter the details and the login process is started my computer just resets ..help plz??

it could be the sasser Worm, that trojan does that.But on the other hand it could be your Power Supply going too.

I would try another one on it, if it does not resolve the prob. then it must be a trojan or virus. have you run all your spyware programs yet?

thrustan said:
try google!
...very helpful and i already have.

I couldnt find any viruses present be it sasser or a whole other variety of them. I ran spywre and virus checks. And I was booting into safe mode to post these messages, im not sure why it would work but it did. Point is now that ive managed to fix the problem, half by screwing around with a program called hijackthis, which allowed it to progress through the login process a bit more but still resulted with a reset.

Then I just got all pisse doff and noticed the, "Load Last known working settings" option ..or something. Anyways thanks for the initial lead! laters

well if you cant still do it get back your documents and then setup microsoft windows again. OR USE LINUX you cannot definately get viruses

Linux has how many viruses?!?!!? compared to windows like 4 billion! and the amount of spyware linux has is like....nothing. and if u get iptables the firewall you are pretty much safe to everything :)

as u can tell i installed gentoo linux earlier this week :)

Back
Top Bottom