what is high temp

Derek1

Baseband Member
What is an average cpu and system temp?? I have a amd Athlon xp 2800+ running at 65, so would that be high or no.... thanks

if that's 65 C, that is pretty high for a 2800, cuz im getting 50 with my 3.2 prescott with stock cooling

Damn, that is high! I am on a 3.0 HT P4 and it's almost the same temperature! How many case fans do you have? It shoudn't even be that hot with a stock fan!

I wanted to build my own water cooling unit just to learn it and to cut down on the noise from the fans at night cause i have to leave my comp on all night to do my class research. but i just bought a 512mb stick to make 1g and a new keyboard, i dont know if any of you have used soyo Dragon stuff but this keyboard sucks, certain keys randomly stop working and you have to pound them a few times to get them working again.
Ive never used soyo stuff till now cause i got it for free off my brother in a bundle (case, mouse, speakers, keyboard) its not a big deal that they stick its just annoying, but anyways, yeah, no money at the moment for watercooling

BanChan said:
Damn, that is high! I am on a 3.0 HT P4 and it's almost the same temperature! How many case fans do you have? It shoudn't even be that hot with a stock fan!

but is that prescott or northwood

Back
Top Bottom