Windows XP Hwclock.exe issue :'(

CriticalOption

Beta member
Hi! I play an online game called "Gunbound" and whenever I attempt to load it up I get one of the system error popups about "Hwclock.exe". It's ruining my gaming experience since I can't minimize the game without it sending me to a blue screen with white text x_o. Can anyone help me fix this "Hwclock" thing or at least tell me how to shut off the system error msg's?

1st of all we nned to know what OS (operating system) your using, and did you check in divise manager to see if their was a conflict with any of the hardware ?

I run Windows XP Home Edition on a compaq presario 700 laptop. And I havn't checked the device manager.

Edit: How do I access the manager on XP .__. sry.

sorry...all you do is click start/ right click my comp./ properties/ hardware tab.

once in there check all devises, if there is a conflict you will see a yellow quotation mark or yellow triangle.

Hwclock.exe is a virus! Get rid of it. (I just found it on my computer and looked it up in google [where I also found your post] and it has nothing to do with hardware or clocks, but is a trojan).

technoman said:
are you going to tell us what it is? and how it can help?
Its stated in plain english what it is, its an Avast Cleaner, if you wanted
full information on the product, click the link, and amazely it brings up the full page. Would like you to tell me what you were refering to this
morning when you stated "Hold one" my question is "Hold one", what?
I'm guessing that you were not raised in the English school system but in another country, and that English is not your primary language, right.

WOW Avast cleans out Trojans/worms and some other viruses on your computer. It will only catch some viruses that it knows so be careful

Back
Top Bottom