Comp Build

ComputerWizard

In Runtime
I am going to be saving up this summer to build a computer. Here are the processors i want to build around. Which one of these will provide stability, speed, and ok gaming!

Amd Athlon Xp 3200+-140$

Celeron 2.93ghz -130$ ( by the time i have enough money the 3.06ghz version will be available.

Xeon 2.4ghz -225$

Athlon XP will provide the best of everything (including overclockability). Celerons are pieces of crap. They suck and are a waste of money. Xeons are only good for hardcore server duty (although Opterons are better...:D)

Yeah I'd only get a Xeon if you are gonna be running a server which I don't think you are, and celerons are pretty bad, so definitely get the 3200 barton.

I'd say go for an 64. By the time you build it the Winnies will be much cheaper so you may be able to afford a 3000+. There are hundreds of motherboards to choose from as well.

You don't want the Xeon, that's for servers, a Celeron is a waste of money, and an XP leaves you no upgrade route so if you get enough money to buy a 64 3000+ after you have bought an XP you will have to buy a new motherboard.

I kinda have weird problem about that. When i get a processor i like getting the highest speed possible for that chip. The athlon Xp 3200 is the highest speed for that chip and i wouldnt mind ocing it too! The celeron is just a good price. The Xeon is just plain cool but i guess i shouldnt get it.

well then get the athlon64 3000+ and o/c to the speed of the highest speed chip (the fx-55) and then you can o/c it even more. ta-da done

out of those three the xp is the best. Go with 64 if you want good stuff. Get yourself a Venice when they are out.

Back
Top Bottom