Is this a good video card?

DMB14

Baseband Member
How is the ATI Mobilty Radeon X300 video card? I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with integrated Intel Media Acclerator 900 graphics, and I can upgrade to the ATI card if I want to. Is this a good upgrade?

If its free, sure its a good upgrade, especially over integrated graphics. If you have to pay for it, then nvidia's mid market cards are better value.

No, it's not free. I don't know if Any other cards will work with my laptop, since the X300 is the only other card that Dell offers with the I6000.

I think so. The best idea would be to contact a local computer builder/internet cafe and see if it does, and also if they would be able to install a graphics card for you, and if they can, what are your options.

yeha, that card is ok. i have that exact one, but for desktop. how much memory? i bet its either 64 or 128, and the card does its job pretty well. it wont be a 6800 or even a 6600 level card or anything quite close to it but it'll totally be a step up from integrated.

If I buy the X300 I'll get the 128mb one.

Does anyone know where to buy graphics cards for laptops? No online retailers seem to have them. If I buy the X300 it will be from Dell spare parts.

Back
Top Bottom