New Extreme Edition - WTF!!!

Yeah, LK change your sig to "I'm the Cop-Out King". It'll suit you.

"We don't really know that"

Didn't you read the word imagine when I was talking about AMD and Intel. OMG I can't wait for the Dual-Cores to come out, you'll go bankrupt buying an amazingly expensive Dual-Core EE! What a laugh! Leave the sig alone. Prescott cores are crap, you have to admit that. Why would anyone buy something so bad?

Owange, I'm not sure what your talking about, but if your asking if there are 64-bit P4s then yes, they are. But I'm sorry, they are just as bad as the 5-series, all Intel have done is stick in '64-bit support' (or have they?) and sell it on again. They could have easily reverted back to the Northwood core and the Prescott would be history, but no.

In laptops, at the moment at least, Pentium M rules the roost. You can now buy desktop Pentium Ms, and they are the only Intels I would think about buying at the moment.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...ns per clock. I can't wait to get my Venice:D

Haha: here is where they are; showing of course that not only are they 64-bit, but AMD64s aren't for Windows Server 2003 Enterprise or Standard, but Intel Pentium 4s are.

The information is this basically if you don't like clicking links:

'Supported processors include:
AMD Opteron
Intel Xeon with Intel EM64T
Intel Pentium with Intel EM64T'

As for your sig though, it does need changing before I am required to tell David about.

There you go LK, I've changed my sig. When are you going to add "The Cop-Out King" to yours though?:p

OK then, maybe Intel's do work with Window's server. But who would use an AMD 64 or an Intel 6-series in a server. You'd have to be pretty stupid to do that. If you look again, it says "

The information is this basically if you don't like clicking links:

'Supported processors include:"

Read it again, and again. And again. It says 'include'. So unless you can find the full list then you have no proof that the Windows Server 2003 doesn't support AMD 64s. Anyway, any judgement I hold against the Intel 6-series will be held back until I know what Custom PC think about it after they have tested it.

And no, I don't like clicking links. Anyway, I thought we were talking about the waste of money which is called "Intel Pentium 4 3.73GHz Extreme Edition" Now AMD 64s can get over 3GHz, Intel's clock speeds no longer look so amazing. Did you see the screenshot?

I know it supports them :D But it recommends Pentium, it doesn't recommend Athlon. AMD64s don't go over 3Ghz, the overclock past 3Ghz. Intels overclock past 5Ghz and on to 6Ghz, the percentage is left the same and increased with the right stuff for Intel.

Yeah; the EE is a waste of money but the point is its less of a waste of money than the FX :D

He he so that last thing where you said "but AMD64s aren't for Windows" was a little lie.:D A Venice core with liquid nitrogen should get past 4.5GHz, as professionals can get it past 4GHz with the Winny cores.

What are the specs for your system? And with the EE costing around $200 for than the FX-55 I would say the FX is a better use of the money, and with the cash left over you could water cool it and overclock it.

I can't remmember saying that you'll have to quote it in context please :D FX-55 is only about $60 more than an EE 3.73.

An AMD with Liquid Nitrogen may - but it wouldn't boot up.

Back
Top Bottom