Smoking and you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
oooh... Vigoriously or did you mean vigourosly?

Actually tobacco companies like Phillip Morris, are managing to bear those lawsuits in their stride, and still make profits.

NOFX said:
oooh... Vigoriously or did you mean vigourosly?

Actually tobacco companies like Phillip Morris, are managing to bear those lawsuits in their stride, and still make profits.

Yeah, you don't have to be a spelling nazi now.

Actually the lawsuits are shrinking their profits. Less then 10% of people in the US smoke, whereas in some nations in Europe it is closer to 40% (Greece).

Well I'm talking about the US here. Obviously strong anti-smoking campaigns in this country have worked.

That's a distortion. They will work when they effectively reduce the amount of people smoking. You can't stop everyone from doing it. Besides as a libertarian, I think people have the right to decide.

Yep...after all, a wise consumer is a informed consumer (or is it the other way around?). :)

I've always thought the best way to make Smoking cost effective is to allow everybody to do it, that way raising the Taboo and effective will for it at a young age, then with National ID Cards asking for that at purchase of Cigarettes. The Government's Body for it, probablay a long abbreviation then have a huge database of how many, and how many per day for everybody in the country. Hence allowing them to keep the Tax which helps people; and to effectively save the Health Service from the burden by disallowing those who have smoked more than a certain amount per day treatment of any problem that is caused by Smoking, and directing them to a Private Hospital.

That way people who haven't smoked don't pay for the smokers, they get the money from the smokers, and get a proper National Health Service for free like a country should have :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom