help a noob

marine man

Beta member
hi i am new to the forums and i have a couple of computer questions. i am on the market for a laptop, mp3 player, palm piolit, and digital camera. money isn't an issue really.
for my lap top i need it to be able to burn dvd's, have lots of memory, great sound effects, fast processor, lite and compact, and probabally alot of other stuff that i don't know about.
for the mp3 player, i am thinking of the 60 gig photo ipod. tell me if this is good or not.
and for the palm piolit, i need it to have a camera built in, and have alot of memory.
then for the digital camera, it needs to have a high resoultion and be easy to load pictures onto the lap top. thanks for your help.

So you want the laptop to be as powerful as possible but still be compact and light? And "lap top" is one word...

I recomend the ABS mayhem line of laptops, the mayhem g5 especially, they also have a nice configurator there so you can choose your options, I had the mayhem g2 and loved it, they also have great customer support! another plus is that you can get the g5version with a mobile radeon x800 or 6800gt!
here's the link for the g5, if i got another lappy i would get this one....
http://www.buyabs.com/app/config.asp?mono=1885

I think u have the right choice of mp3 player, as far as i'm aware t5hats the only one that has 60gb of storage!!

For a digital Camera, I think Sony or Kodak are the best. I'm not sure what model to direct you to, but just look at them. They both have regular sized ones and pocket sized ones...

For a laptop you definitely want to look into a Mobile Centrino, because that will give you the power you want and depending on the other internals, everything else you desire. The MP3 player is probably going to be good enough. I'll get back to you on the palm pilot and whatnot. I don't really know a lot about them.

Back
Top Bottom