Smoking and you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Member Photos

Well just because he smokes doesn't mean you should sterotype him as a idiot. My dad smokes (unfortunately) and he admits he was wrong to fall into the peer pressure, but in his age smoking was the fad. There weren't any scientific proof back then to actually say that smoking is bad, that's why him and his friends did it.

Not to start on all those programs on training about the dangers of smoking to the youth. What's scary is that tobacco companies have shown that they aim their ads at 16 - 18 year olds the most.

By the way, in 1997 (I think), and executive (at a big tobacco company) asked a worker why he was smoking. The worker said "well, isn't that what you guys do as well?", and the executive replied (this is off the top of my head, but it's along these lines) "No, we accualy hate smoking here in the high payroll department. We reserve that right for the poor, the blacks, and the stupid".

My parents used to smoke back in the 70s (tobacco, not weed LOL). They aren't idiots. They quit before my sis was born (she is the oldest sibling). They quit because it was just a disgusting habit, before harmful side effects were known scientifically.

Nah, I'm not jabbing at people who didn't know it was bad for you when they started, like you cases (alvino and gian), but the people who KNOW it's bad (everyone does nowadays), and still do it... they tick me off the most.

Giancarlo said:
My parents used to smoke. They aren't idiots. They quit before my sis was born (she is the oldest sibling). They quit because it was just a disgusting habit, before harmful side effects were known scientifically.

Yeah, my dad isn't an idiot either. He knows it's a very dangerous habit, but he just can't stop (I dunno why). He's even taken the precaution to smoke outside instead of inside like he used to.

My dad does have the occasional cuban cigar.. but it spends more time burning in his hand.. he takes two puffs and doesn't even inhale..

Wow...I seriously wish I could shoot the CEO's of cigarette companies, right in the forehead. I just hate how all they care about is money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom