Partition deleted itself?...

blac_vi

Solid State Member
I recently turned on my computer, and when windows was loading, it said "Unmountable boot sector" and had the error codes
STOP 0x000000ED (0X8177EE30 0XC0000032 0X00000000 0X00000000)
So I tried the recovery console, since windows wouldn't load, and it said there wasn't a windows installation in the D: partition. (That's where my OS was.) So I tried a recovery installation to find out nothing was left on that partition. Everything just deleted itself... It's the second time this happened, but last time I was having problems with viruses and stuff, so I thought it was just that what caused the problem. This time, nothing was wrong, and the computer worked just fine 11 hours ago. Anyone know what might have happened?

Well we had that same sort of problem where things were lost, and it happened to 5 different hard drives (3 failed completly) and realised what it was rather late.

Especially since it has happend twice with no circumstances, it could easily be your powersupply, causing power surges on the hard drive.

It was on mine, and as soon as i changed it, no errors, no missing files, no corruption. This is because as soon as the hard drive kept crashing, doing weird things, it was because of a surge which was damaging the boot sector and files on the drive.

So simply get a new power supply and then re-install windows. You can get them for about £20, and bout 400 watts of power too. I assure you taht could be your prob. Its safe to do that than to wait until it goes again isn't it.

I definetly don't think a virus could have done that

Try that, honestly :)
*KaGe*

Hmm. I haven't thought about the power supply. As soon as I get some money I'll replace it. (I'm 15.) Thanks for the suggestion.

BTW, does anybody know what
STOP 0x000000ED (0X8177EE30 0XC0000032 0X00000000 0X00000000) means?

Oh, one more thing, when I had my hard drive problem, it was only one partition that got deleted. (One hard drive to c:and d: partitions.) Was it only the d: drive got deleted because it was the system drive?

Back
Top Bottom