New Extreme Edition - WTF!!!

The AMD Fx-55 is an awesome chip so is the Intel EE , Benchmarks vary all over the web. We could post hundreds of benchmarks of intel winning and hundreds of amd winning. Usually the chip that wins beats its opponent by 1 second or .5 a frame, hardly noticeable things. Just buy the chip that serves you best. You will never fully convince the whole forum that amd is better than intel or that Intel is better than AMD.

But it boils down to what is the better buy, and in every case AMD is the better more affordable buy. Why pay more for less or about the same? I don't get it. It is like Abercrombie and Old Navy. Hahah. And yes i have heard AMD is branching out to computer manufacturers now too..

Well you gotta give Intel some credit for the Pentium M...it's one hell of a laptop CPU.

It won't be one hell of a laptop CPU anymore with the introduction of the Turion. In fact any advantage the Pentium M had will be eliminated.

Via :D Transmeta, IBM, Apple... haha. If Intel loses all of would pose competition. If AMD loses - no competition for Intel in anything but high end server processors.

The Turion is going to be way better.. I never said the Pentium M was crap.. I'm just saying it won't stack up against the Turion. Lets face it, the mobile computing market is the fastest growing and Intel's lead in that will be destroyed.

i doubt it, if they do its only temporary, as is every lead intel wont have the lead forever cause amd will have new processor then intel will have a new processor better. its a continual cycle

Destroying lead is not nearly as hard as gaining more of it :D IF AMD were to gain more than 50% of the market; could they seriously keep up as they are now? I mean I know the guy who made Dell is working there now, he's not bad, if a little old, but still... they don't have the infrastructure at the moment for such a position let alone continue to gain from Intel after 50%.

Back
Top Bottom