Windows 98SE not installing SATA drivers

kvneedshelp

Beta member
Here's the situation, I have windows 98SE installed on an IDE drive that works fine. I bought two 80 gig Maxtor SATA drives which plug directly into the motherboard(no PCI card). When I boot up, both the bios and windows 98se recognize the drives, but when Windows is installing the "Primary IDE controller(dual fifo)" driver, the computer freezes. Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is?

Thanks

If i were you UPRAGE TO XP....download it if u cant afford it 98 is crap windows 2000/me is even worse

98se is not crap...

98se was written to run in an IDE inviroment. Being an older OS it does have the advantage of being able to operate in a smaller/slower system with good results. But as for today's larger/faster systems, it just doesn't have what you need to make them work. I agree with upgrading to xp but not with the method of how to get it. You can get 2 kinds of xp os. One is an upgrade from 98se to xp and the other is a full clean install. I don't reccomend the upgrade unless you are on a tight budget.
Buy it, don't pirate it. You'll sleep better at night...

Hey ExGamer you speak a load of crap. Win 2000 and Win 2000 Pro are the safest versions of Windows to come out yet. Get your facts right!

Accualy you're full of crap too zoomtm :p :p

windows 2000 is the most reliable windows EVER

Rofl, yes it is rather stable, but a Linux distro like slackware or Gentoo will have a much higher uptime then a win2000 machine.

By the way, yeah, 98 will never run with SATA... it's just too old.

Windows 2000 is a peace of crap...yea it runs fast until you install a couple of things and you get 5 error messages at start up....yeah thats a real go os! NOT! ha one of the worst i used....if its so great y did xp come out so fast?

lol maybe ur talking about windows me...

windows xp IS BUILT OFF OF WINDOWS 2000

2000 came out in the end of 1999 and xp came out in 2002...count

Back
Top Bottom