Useful advice

Though you find taht if the main OS doesn't work, you can work in safe mode usually. Things that go tend to be drivers and things that windows doesn't load when running in Safe mode :D

Though yea, those programs are good. Though I wouldn't want to go back to a new image everytime something goes wrong with Ghost.

*KaGe*

see thats the beauty of acronis and ghost , you can Schedule it to save an image for you, i have mine set for everyday at 5:30am. see the reason why i have it is because i am always overclocking and when you do that sometimes i file gets lost and you are unable to get onto windows at all not even safe mode, dont ask me why this happens but i think it has somthng to do with overclocking the memory, anyway i have had to reload the OS at least 7 times before i was smart enough to get another hard drive for backing up acronis images, luckily i have only had to use it once since i got it, but very very worth having, for me anyway..

hey, i like the idea of that :D Does it mess up anything? Or can you still use the computer why you are doing this?

Does it need recordable cd,dvds? or does it use a part of the hard drive?

Sounds kewl though

*KaGe*

you can still use the comp like normal besides it has a small amount of lag because its using resorces backing up the image but nothing bad at all, i have it set to go on to a separate hard drive, i have 3 total and the 160gb maxtor is strictly for backups. you can have it go on to your existing HD but if the whole HD gets corrupt or just simply dies you lost everything, see if my backup drive dies i just get another one and do another backup, simple.. and if my drive that i backed up dies, again i get another one and restore my backed up image to that.. and if both diei at the same time i guess im SOL.

the size of them is far to big for a cd, my first one is 7.4gb and each incremental backup (the changes that were made since the last backup to save time and space) is around 700mb, so you would need another HD

I called my subject useful advice for several reasons:
1)CNET reviews said that ATI is better than Norton Ghost
2)i tested ATI and found out that it's true
3)my advice for those who doesn't have ane recoverying system is to buy this software,i mean ATI
4)that all above is the my humble opinion :)

Back
Top Bottom