Instant Shut Down Wtf!

ExGamer

In Runtime
Picture004.jpg

OK whats that mean....It happens here and there...but i dont get it
I have a Abit M/b .....If ya need to know more ,but im finaly sick of that ....why is it happining

reinstall your OS. You have some bad drivers. Make sure in the OS reinstall you install the most stable drivers you can find.

My comp kept doing this. Finally I gave up and bought a new motherboard after a reinstall that didnt correct the issue.

So last resort is to get a new motherboard.

well i just reformated and...... My mb is kinda new so i will talk to abit and see what they have to say

No I was web browse'n and playing the sims online in windows mode wich has realy low sys requirments....I can run 2 or maybe more at the same time if i wanted

Hmmm all my drivers seem fine ....I bet it is the cheap memory i took out of a dell...not even a name brand ....Im ordering new ram soon well see what that does

But thanx those links did help alot

good good.

Yeah, it could be the ram, try it.

I know that the first stick of RAM i got was faulty ages ago, and it cuased many crashes, but we coudn't figure out what it was, until I changed the ram and suddenly, the computer became stable. We had it in for a few months too....

*KaGe*

Sounds good :)

Ram can be quite cheap. 256Mb ram would be okay for normal tasks, 512Mb if you can afford it. I have 1 gig of ram and to tell the truth don't notice that much of a boost with the extra 512Mb... the computer doesn't need the extra most of the time probably.

Theres a way of knowing exactly what ram your computer will work with (though I woudln't recommed getting it from them, its just to test what would work) :

http://www.crucial.com/uk/index.asp

Use the Memory Advisor tool :) Because even though you can get any size ram. Its the speed that matters too

*KaGe*

Back
Top Bottom