Linux vs windows?

With a GUI..

I'd class BSD (eg freeBSD good with no GUI) Mac in my books is completely different.

ihhhhhmm..

I say windows is better than linux spacialy for non-engilsh languages..

And i think anyone use Windows dosen't need to use Linux, But anyone use Linux must sometimes use Windows..

For me i think Mac os x is the best..

majid bin sawad said:
ihhhhhmm..

And i think anyone use Windows dosen't need to use Linux, But anyone use Linux must sometimes use Windows..

Why do you say that? I've been using GNU/Linux for years now and I've never had the need to use Windows...

Well actually what he said between that is a little more important when you consider his username; its better especially for non-english languages Windows is in every language imaginable; Linux is not.

Its also true; Anybody who uses Windows doesn't need to use Linux; but most people (there are people like yourself who don't) who use Linux have to use Windows.

I guess it depends on the needs of the user. I'm glad that I've managed to wean myself of Windows=) Many have failed.

Windows is for computer users whom know nothing about actual programming/functionality of the system. Linux gives you much more control over every aspect of the computers, and with Cedenga now, you can run almost any program on Linux. SuSe Pro 8.2 is a good choice if you still wish to keep that comfort feel.

Ever with longhorn/avalon coming out...all it really is going to be is a higher GUI with higher specs needed to run it. Microsoft works ahand in hand with intel, so that people buy their newest products both. Windows is great for those who just need to do their basic tasks. I would never reccommend linux to someone who just uses it for basic purposes. Linux is a system for those wishing to have complete power over their system.

While many people feel comfortable with windows, by no means...and i mean NONE is it superior.

PS. Sun Microsystems Project Looking Glass looks pretty sweet as well.

I think GNU/Linux will great for basic computer users. As i have mentioned before, personally i feel that the ones that will have trouble with GNU/Linux will be the medium users like gamers. Basic users just need a PC that can surf the net, check email, type stuff and i think GNU/Linux fits that bill perfectly. In fact, GNU/Linux might even be more advisable as it's more secure and stable.

Back
Top Bottom