Making an OS

m8 that would be well good your age is 14, and if you do this what i say you will become a millionair:

You 14 well what you want to do is read about 10 C and C++ books and start to no, once doing that it will take you 2 years doing this, then you will of to a big college, take a subject which is C++ then you do a 3 year course on that, you will be about 19, then finni the course then go to uni and then you start another 2 year C++ course, so all together you have done

2 year reading and learning on C++ and a 3 year course on C++ and a another 2 year at Uni thats 7 years on C++ then you would be 21 and i bet by the time your 23 you would have an O'S with your 50 pages o ideas like you said. And then you would wont a job if you cant do a O'S then you would just show a well paid job all your C++ SKILLZ and your Degree's and all your work on C++ and i bet you would have lots of money. taking about millions.

Gd luk come bak here when your 23 if you do that. lol

hahaha!! nah you don't need to do it that way. making an os is easy. making an os that works is hard.

first, learn c or c++, preferably both. you must learn them well, to each and every minute detail.

then you need to know how the hardware works. get the manual for your processor, study it. learn the assembly language for it. you don't have to be uber at making asm progs, just be able to understand it well. after that you can start trying to build an os.

i can't find a link to the specific faq i was searching for but this one has some useful info: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/os-research/

good luck :)

i have never completed an os for the pc. i have made one for embedded systems as part of an internship i did during high school. it had some serious design flaws that resulted in poor security; that is, once you can execute anything on the system you have full control of the system. but it was a lot more easy to program on. it had multithreading but that was limited with only a maximum of 10 or 20 threads for the whole system. this limitation was caused both by memory and speed constraints.

i just want a tutorial, i cant be bothered to work out how to do it myself, i just want to build up the user interface. I have lots to doand little time to do it in. I did find a tutorial in google but it took me ages to find and it was like 10 years old and all the programs i was supposed to find to compile it etc. dont exist any more. what should i search for, ive done hours worth but never found anything useful, im not very good at searching

Techy Geek, Check you PM's. I'll be glad to help on your project. I have a well understanding of BASIC and a great understanding of C++. Check your PM's I left you a link.

Back
Top Bottom