FX-55 Running Stabley at 4.1GHz!!!!!!

But that's an Intel. We know that can be done. This was talking about the FX-55 I thought.

You never said Intel so i assumed you were talking about AMD. I know the person personally that hit 7.1GHz with a P4. P4's are easy to OC

Err...sorry to interrupt with this stupid question but i recently compared the specs of an Athlon 64 FX-55 and 4000+. The only difference i noticed was that 4000 was 2.4GHz clock whilst FX-55 was 2.6. Is is then possible to get an Athlon 64 FX-55 out of a 4000 with an overclock?

Technically speaking, yes. The 4000+ is the same as the FX-55 with the exception of core frequency. The 4000+ used to be the "FX-53" until they changed the name.

SSE4 said:
It took AMD a long time to push 2.6GHz out of Clawhammer for a reason.

That's because the Clawhammer core sucks at OC'ing. I have it, and I would only get it to 2.42ghz (stable) from it's stock 2.2ghz speed. Also because my mobo isn't a very OCable board.

Ah, yeah, i heard that too. Wow, so you could save a few hundred £ by doing that! With the shortage of FX-55s, i don't know why there isn't a bigger buzz about just buying a 4000 for a lot less money and overclocking it. Or did i miss something? Anyways, not that i'd benefit, cause i don't play games on the PCs, but i was surprised when i saw the graphics quality on a PC the other day. Very impressive. But the games themselves don't appeal to me.

Back
Top Bottom