New Extreme Edition - WTF!!!

Guru? I don't care. I felt that people like you needed an education in computers, and I was right. Ban me. I don't really care. It just means people like you abuse your power and despise freedom of speech. The biggest amount of bashing was started by you. Should a "guru" really be this ignorant?

You have a Pentium 200? Oh my. I'm sorry I'm totally wrong about you. Don't make me laugh. I have an AMD-K6-2. But you know what else I have? A 3500+ Winchester. Because I take my gaming seriously, and I trust a super-efficient AMD64 best for giving me the framerates I want.

SSE4 said:
Guru? I don't care. I felt that people like you needed an education in computers, and I was right. Ban me. I don't really care. It just means people like you abuse your power and despise freedom of speech. The biggest amount of bashing was started by you. Should a "guru" really be this ignorant?

I don't have moderator powers. That simple.

You have a Pentium 200? Oh my. I'm sorry I'm totally wrong about you. Don't make me laugh. I have an AMD-K6-2. But you know what else I have? A 3500+ Winchester. Because I take my gaming seriously, and I trust a super-efficient AMD64 best for giving me the framerates I want.

It was a very long time ago.. before I changed to and AMD k6-3.

I wasn't aware there were even AMD solutions at the time of the Pentium MMX, although there might have been. I don't care because for anything below the XP and the P4 it was pretty even. Although AMD gave the PIII a pretty rough time. A 200 was a 200, and a 400 was a 400. I don't even really distinguish the difference between those older models, because there rarely was one.

I believe the AMD K5 and K6 were around the time of the Pentium MMX. That time Intel had a substantial lead.

I remember that the K6-2 promised Super Socket-7 and Socket-7 support, or at least I think so. The K6-2 was also going to have support for MMX instructions (I think) and was going to be a determining factor in AMD establishing itself in the market. Obviously I think it must have done well. I know I enjoyed my K6-2 for a long time.

Giancarlo said:
I never said it did. Can someone please find a post where I said AMD did lead in the marketshare? No, I said it led speed-wise. It is eating away at Intel's marketshare at any rate, as more computer manufacturers have switched over to it. It isn't backed by any major computer manufactor? How the fuck is that? I just was at circuit city and I saw it was.
Well its obviously not me - SSE3 thought you said it too however generally 'Intel doesn't control 80% of the market either. AMD does lead by a landslide. Stop being an idiot.' such a comment would be construde as one subject matter; marketshare.

Haha, well I'm sure then you would be more than happy to show us a Major Computer Manufacturer who sells AMD Processors in their Machines? AMD has already been turned down by Dell to power some of their machines because AMD simply would not be able to pump out the Chips that Dell would need.

Giancarlo said:
Again stop evading the facts. AMD leads in far more then just gaming benchmarks.
Up to 1,000 PCMark 04 points over AMD's Best Processor say otherwise :D

SSE4 said:
Haha. A Guru is just a title. Although you've got that right - Giancarlo isn't a large fan of freedom of speach unless the speach is what he wants them to say :D I think I'm the only Moderator even looking through this Thread at the moment and if I'm going to ban anybody it'll be Giancarlo.

Giancarlo said:
Haha... I remmember the K6s - I was actually considering buying one because it was so much cheaper. I did eventually do the right thing and get a proper processor; an Intel Pentium III 450Mhz.

I've never worked out why anybody requires framerates over 80, and only then to give you reasonable safety when something blows up.

Lord Kalthorn said:

Up to 1,000 PCMark 04 points over AMD's Best Processor say otherwise :D

This is bullshit. Utter total crap. AMD leads in PCMARK, dude. I've seen the benchmarks.

Haha; well you should recheck them and get glasses:

The Futuremark Site realises in their Hall of Fame the Top 20 PC Mark Machines are Intels, every one of them, even if they are overclocked; AMD processors overclock and they still don't get in there.

Extreme Tech realises the 1,000 points difference between the FX-55 and the considerably cheaper Pentium 4 570J here, and while with 4Meg Blocks the Intels lose out, its still an overall PCMark win by a considerable distance.

PC Perspective did not do PCMark 04 Tests in their Benchmarking; a general trend apparently making it hard to accumulate a number of PCMark04 Sources however their Sysmark ones get the point over.

Legit Reviews even I must say sounds dodgey but while they don't do PCMark 04 either I did find the only 3DMark 05 set I've found:at the top; and more backing of the general non-gaming Intel thrashing AMD trend.

At Hardcoreware they do have the PCMark 04 Testing but they don't seem to compare it to AMD results - it is useful however in how it shows the points, which backup the other PCMark 04 Tests and SysMark Scores I have showed.

At Beyond 3D they had a vast and thorough range of PC Tests, including Raw Data from a PCMark 04 Test: here, here, here, here we get the natural AMD beating Intel through Audio Benchmarks, here back to the usual, here we see more 3DMark 05 Intel woppings of AMD along with the SPEC woppings of Intel, on page twelve we see Intel beat AMD 2 to 1 on Gaming Benchmarks, and by page 13 we get back to AMD beating Intel, but by that point we're well into Gaming Benchmarks.

On Tweak3D's PCMark 04 we see an Intel Pentium 3.2 EE beat the FX-55 and the 560 (the 570J and 6xx Range aren't even on here yet!) getting 800 points more, and in the Memory Benchmark Intel is still 200 points ahead. On their 3DMark 05 Tests we see a reversal of fortunes in Intel winning the Gaming Benchmark by 10 points and AMD winning the CPU Benchmark by 80.

More PCMark 04 and 3DMark 05 Tests from Hot Hardware. AMD does with the 3DMark in this; but the continuous PCMark 04 Points show through in the PCMark Test and that in the end is the reason for this excessive Post.

I was actually directed to all of the above sites from the FX-55 Site.

I hope that thoroughly eases you mind on Intel's superiority on the PCMark 04 Tests; but I would enjoy again seeing the benchmarks where you saw AMD win. It would be humourous against so many different sources of Intel winning.

Back
Top Bottom