PC don't start

x_BiggomZ^

Baseband Member
Ok heres the problem i press the power button on my friends PC it doesn start i tried check if its his connection to the mobo and see if the Power Switch are connected the right way on his computer to be honest i dont really know the steps on finding out wats the problem and how to fix this can you please tell me thank you.

Uusually a black switch on the back of the PSU next to where the power plug goes into the back of the comp...sure that switch aint off?

Ok, are all the PSU cables etc plugged into the mobo correctly? And try the plug from the power button a different way round, i had the same prob when i built mine but it powerd up when i put it on the mobo the other way.

Shouldn't be, the plug for the power switch is just a rectangle with 2 holes that can fit on the pins either way round.

button on front of computer > wire > 2 pin socket/plug > plugs onto 2 pins on mobo

|----|
|----|---------------------------|=
|----|

^button______^wires___________^2 pin connector

biggomz, just wondering. Did it start not working out of nowhere? Im assuming you didn't just build it because its a old computer with a old psu. If it was working perfectly fine and then just stopped working, then the PSU probably pooped out. and you'll have to buy a new one.

Back
Top Bottom