Intel introduces a new Extreme Edition with more FSB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giancarlo said:
Again complete wrongness on all counts. AMD 64 is 64-bit. Again wrong ,wrong, wrong, wrong.. stop lying.
I'm sure... I didn't say AMD 64-bit wasn't 64-bit - you were saying that. You've yet to show anything that I child couldn't show as to proof that there is a difference between the end result of an EM64T Processor and an AMD64 Processor.

ComputerWizard said:
I know :) , it sucks when its used as a normal computer especially when u face it up against a P4 or Athlon
Haha. You wouldn't know where to start if you could afford an Itanium2 :D They're not x86. You'd have to have completely custom Software and Windows Server 2003 64-bit.

Such a comment would make more sense with an end result difference between EM64T and AMD64?

Best proof from me would be most simply that Windows Server 2003 x64 is recommended for Xeons with EM64T, Pentium HTs with EM64T and Opterons:

Minimum CPU Speed:
AMD Opteron Model 140 (1.4 GHz)
Intel Xeon processor 2.80 GHz (800 MHz FSB & Intel EM64T)
Intel Pentium processor with Hyper-Threading Technology
3.20 GHz (800 MHz FSB & Intel EM64T)

Recommended Minimum CPU Speed:
AMD Opteron Model 140 (1.4 GHz)
Intel Xeon processor 3.60 GHz (800 MHz FSB & Intel EM64T)
Intel Pentium processor with Hyper-Threading Technology
3.60 GHz (800 MHz FSB & Intel EM64T)

or here

Now it could be me - but is AMD64 even in there for requirements or do you need an Opteron if you want an AMD Processor to get Windows Server 2003 Enterprise?

ComputerWizard said:
I dont see it anywhere in there haha
Exactly :D

Basically yeah; because they are :D You'll see Celeron D Dedicated Server offerings over AMD64 ones, if indeed you find any AMD64 ones. AMD64 would be more suited to Windows Server Web Edition, the scaled down cheap-arse version basically.

But I think that thoroughly proves that EM64T is as much, if not more, 64-bit that AMD64.

Opterons are the faster CPUs in the server market. Is as much, if not more, 64-bit then AMD 64? You need to stop taking drugs, LK.

Opterons are about 140-150%+ as fast as the same number of Xeons; but they cost about that much more. Itaniums pump up the spot above that but I never said that Opterons weren't the fastest on that list. Anything up to 8 Processors and an Opteron will match an Itanium, the advantage of an Itanium is that they do 128-Processor Superdromes of them that Opterons don't fit in with.

Well that was of course a joke; but it certainly does prove that the EM64T is a 64-bit Processor. Haha, other than Tea, Biscuits and Lemonade - I neither drink nor eat anything for fun.

And i must ask this as ive been watching, Gian, where the hell is your proof that Intel isn't 64-bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom