Quick question ...

Methost

In Runtime
I am midway through building my PC. I wired up the MB and fans and then powered up. Almost everything worked as expected, except I cant confirm that I have the MB speaker, the reset switch or the Power LED wired properly.

Can someone tell me wich wire is the positive one? I thought it was the black one but now Im not so sure.

The wires hemselves are labeled and your mobo guide shoulkd say where to plug it in. The just test them.

jack22 said:
The wires hemselves are labeled and your mobo guide shoulkd say where to plug it in. The just test them.

The plug says "PLED" and I know which two posts are for the Power LED, but I am not certain of which wire goes on which post. That's why I wanted to know which was positive.

I'm not sure if the text on the plug goes up or if it goes down when I plug in to the MB.

Well for me, i faced it towards the top of the mobo, it doesnt hurt if wrong. If that doesnt work, just face it the other way.

Thanks. Will the power light come on on the case even if no CPU, RAM or HDD's are present? Will the reset switch work in the same situation? (no because there is nothing to reset?)

LOL ... I would except both are still on a shelf at NewEgg headquarters. Actually the RAM is currently on a FEDeX truck in Ohio, and I have not picked a CPU yet. I was going to wait untill the Venice came out to see if the price on the 3800+ drops any ;)

Id get a venice but thats beside the point. Um yea, i mea you can try ad see but i cant garuntee anything

Back
Top Bottom