career in computers???

That's the school I'm going to. Junior year and getting harder. My full major is:

Business Administration emphasis on Computer Information Systems.

Courses includes:

-All business classes (core requirements for lower and upper divisions)
-Object Oriented programming with Java
-Intro. to Object oriented systems analysis and design
-Business Telecommunications
-Intermediate Java programming for business
-Database design and development
-Interactive web development
-Info. systems career
-Systems development project
-Programming with C++
-Client/Server App development and Visual Basic
-Data Modeling
-Loca/Metro Area Networks
-Adv. object oriented systems analysis and design
-Wide Area and Voice Networks
-Multimedia and image processing
-Advanced java programming for business
-Mobile and Wireless Networks
-EDP Auditing
-Managing Business Networks
-Multivendor Inter/Intra Networking
-E-Commerce App development
-Network analysis and design
-Web site develop
-Intenet Security

This does not fall under Computer Science major according to CalPoly but under Business Adminstrations/Computer Information Technology. This is typical IT related courses that will get you into that field.

I got in as a transfer student from a junior college. To get into the CalPoly university, you need to meet their general education criteria which includes 68 units in 5 different categories (units you need are: English 101 and 102, Speech, Critical Thinking, Mathematics and Quantitative Reaoning, Physical and Biologial sciences, Science and Tech Synthesis, FIne arts, Philosophy, Foreign Language, Humanities, History, Economics, and Political Science, Social Sciences, and PE credit too. That's it. Once those have been completed, you can request a transfer to CalPoly where they will determine your elegibility.

Oh and of course, you'll need to take your assessments so you can be placed in the right classes.

TRD... Umm. so? Since when does a SINGLE COLLEGE describe how an entire subject work. My brother took four and a half years of CS in UC Berkeley, and majored in it, and he DEFINATELY was taught much much more then programming related fields.

Well, that is UC. I'm talking about California Polytechnic University. Maybe the two are different but see the catalogs listed above and you will see for yourself. Don't argue with me about this. GO call them up yourself if you have issues with their programs.

TRDCorolla1 said:
I got in as a transfer student from a junior college. To get into the CalPoly university, you need to meet their general education criteria which includes 68 units in 5 different categories (units you need are: English 101 and 102, Speech, Critical Thinking, Mathematics and Quantitative Reaoning, Physical and Biologial sciences, Science and Tech Synthesis, FIne arts, Philosophy, Foreign Language, Humanities, History, Economics, and Political Science, Social Sciences, and PE credit too. That's it. Once those have been completed, you can request a transfer to CalPoly where they will determine your elegibility.

Oh and of course, you'll need to take your assessments so you can be placed in the right classes.

Cool. San Luis Obispo is such a nice town...I've been there several times. :)

Yeah, I bet it's nice there. I've never been there myself but my parents went down there before on business and they admit it is one of the better cities. I've actually considered going there, but I live 10 minutes away from Pomona campus :)

Yeah, SLO is such a small town...it's puny! There's litterally no shopping malls or anything! But, it's near Pismo Beach, which is really neat. :)

Back
Top Bottom