Putting together a new computer and it wont start

dfraccica01

Solid State Member
Now im having operating errors. . .

Just bought all of my parts and put everything together in the case, went to turn on the computer and something weird happened. The computer starts for about .5 seconds then shuts back off. All the LED's Blink on and the fans spin then it just stops. Then about a minute later it starts back up, .5 seconds later it stops again and everything is dead. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? ;)

Check all your plugs and push them some more to make sure any didn't get loose. If that doesn't work, then try replacing you PSU (it might be the cause of the problem, but I'm not sure, so don't replace it yet).

I got a 500W power supply from MGE, intel 3.6GHz intel 800 MHz FSB slot LGA775 processor, a gigabyte board for socket 775 processors 800 MHz FSB.

well i got it working, the circuitry from the PSU was all messed up. Thanks for the help guys!

o no. . . i started up my computer, asked for an OS, put in the windows disk. It started to install and said "press enter to continue" I didnt have my keyboard hooked up at the time, and when i plugged it in it had no response. So, i restarted my computer now it is stuck on a verifying DMI data pool message on the startup screen. Any ideas on how to fix it? I tried to start my computer with and without the windows disk in it but get the same message.

Back
Top Bottom