Gallery: Motherboards

ardy89 said:
Can u imagine dual 6950 ultras!!!!! It wudn't need a cpu it cud just do everything itslef, if u get wat i mean!!

SLI is not all its cracked up to be, not for everyone. Its awesome for people who play games that have been out for a while, but for many games, it give no advantage. Why? Because the way that SLI is designed, the 2nd card just sits there unless Nvidia has written SLI support in for that specific game.

So can you get the SLI-benefit in a beta game? not likely. It makes me remember the old days of ATI - Waiting on drivers.

Don't get me wrong - the best gaming rigs out there are SLI, but unless Nvidia has taken time to write in driver support for your second monster-card, that second card will be taking 5.

-Nvidia was nice enough to update their drivers recently, but the last time they released a video-card driver was almost 6 months before.

-Loyalist

still.... sli is pretty sweet to have. in the future, when games become a lot more complex and grahic demanding im sure that sli will be everywhere! it'll be sooooo tight to have dual cards. but still, yeah, today its jnust about useless but still really nice to have.

im getting it so i can be ready for the future. think if 1x6800gt can play doom 3 no problem than 2x6800gts can play it like it was nothing

Let me tell you 1xFX5200 will play Doom3, what matters is your opinion of how it "plays"

Well my bros laptop, which has a 32meg geforce 4 mx go graphics card plays it immensley well, even though the settings are on low it looks beautiful!!!

I can't find it, but I used to have a screenshot of Doom 3 on a 3Dfx Savage. :p It's all pixelated...like in Doom 1 & 2.

Lol, I've seen the pics of doom 3 on a voodoo card, there awful!!! I think it was firingsquad that had em!

Back
Top Bottom