Intel introduces a new Extreme Edition with more FSB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Kalthorn said:
In the end, the EE makes more sense than the FX if you're going to pay that much for a Processor. The EE gives you something you can see and will save you time, the FX only gives you something you can go and brag to your friends about.

Does it? The EE Gives you nothing better then the FX. In fact if you get the EE.. you have issues with reality. I can't believe it.. why blow your money on a piece of junk that is not even 64-bit? You're beyond illogical.

Giancarlo said:
Does it? The EE Gives you nothing better then the FX. In fact if you get the EE.. you have issues with reality. I can't believe it.. why blow your money on a piece of junk that is not even 64-bit? You're beyond illogical.
Basically; PC Marks show it; other applications marks show significant encoding and application opening differences between the two on the side of the EE, even on the side of the 5 Series against the FX. I would argue 60 more frames you'll never be able to see is a small price to pay for 30 seconds less time encoding something, 3 or 4 seconds less time opening a program, both of which you'll see every day, and a few score more dollars.

I'm not sure if you know what 64-bit is but if even the new EE doesn't stand as 64-bit in your mind the AMD has never been 64-bit and only the Itanium and a few other High-End Server Processors are.

The illogicalities of LK continue. If you want to make the same mistake he does, go with EE. You'll realize your idiocy later. I know what 64-bit is. Don't paint me out as an idiot. Thanks. AMD 64 is 64-bit.

Giancarlo said:
The illogicalities of LK continue. If you want to make the same mistake he does, go with EE. You'll realize your idiocy later. I know what 64-bit is. Don't paint me out as an idiot. Thanks. AMD 64 is 64-bit.
I paint you as nothing you don't paint yourself as :D If you knew what AMD 64 uses to make it 64-bit as apparently you do; you would know that technically its not 64-bit, just as technically EM64T is not 64-bit. You would however know that EM64T and AMD64 produce the same 64-bit style output.

If you have any sources or anything that says EM64T is not 64-bit like AMD64 is 64-bit then by all means... give us a giggle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom