Mac's no longer the "Immune OS"

Re: Mac's no longer the

Lord Kalthorn said:
I'm not backing Communism :D I merely back the Centralist Control; people cannot be equal and treating them as such doesn't help anybody.

Again you are not being practical, because centralized systems don't work. You are proposing nothing more then a scenario similiar to that in the book, 1984.

Giancarlo said:
Again you are not being practical, because centralized systems don't work. You are proposing nothing more then a scenario similiar to that in the book, 1984.
I propose no spying of any sort; I propose the Centralist Government, where in that does it require any kind of spying?

What's wrong with capitalism? microsoft can do whatever they want. they own the computing world.

Uhhh.. No? Since when is that true? It never has been, and never will be. Linux is definately making huge advances, and Gentoo, after you install it, is definately far better then what MS has to offer right now. So please, spare the bullshit.

Yeah, Linux by far is the best OS if you know how to use it and install it. Windows is more widely used, since it has a better user interface. But, Linux owns Windows when it comes to security and stability.

Not if you install Windows Server 2003. The Stability of a Server OS, the only reason Linux is Stable, the Security of a Server OS (Windows Server was recently proved more secure than Red Hat). And I'm sure they'll put in a huge amount of updates from Server 2003 to Longhorn, and while it can't have the Kernal of a Server OS like Linux enjoys it can be more secure than most Linux Computers - even if it was half as secure, its half as secure with 18+ times the users, only one in a thousand of that huge bunch being as capable with computers as the base line Linux user.

(Windows Server was recently proved more secure than Red Hat)

link?

Uhhh.. Now that's all great, but Red Hat, IMHO, is a pretty crappy server. Try Gentoo or Arch or something. Besides, they're all free. I'm not fucking paying all that money just for the server software. I have better ways to spend it.

Seriously...that's another advantage of Linux. It's an open-source software, therefore it's FREE! :D

LK, I should add, I'm not up right now for a new Linux/Windows debate. We've had far too many of those. So let's just leave it.

I just wanted to point out that microsoft doesn't own the computing world, and never will. No one will ever "own" it.

Lord Kalthorn said:
I propose no spying of any sort; I propose the Centralist Government, where in that does it require any kind of spying?

your beliefs would lead to hitlerism.

Back
Top Bottom