Mac's no longer the "Immune OS"

There's always a hardcore group with everything. If Windows had Mac's Market Percentage they'd be that same hardcore. Linux has that sort of percentage - and is fueled by that hardcore Political Style promises of everything Linux has now. Linux with Windows' market share would not be what it is now, I doubt even Linux Hardcores would like the Linux versions commanding most of that share, even when Linux has such a small level of market share the Hardcores go for those tiny distributions, Fedora, Gentoo, the small ones, not Red Hat. With Linux OSs at 90% share, it would be an unorganised mess. Even now they don't want Open Standards, they want their standards Open.

Anarchy just doesn't work.

Microsoft kept Office:Mac, without it Mac wouldn't have had a real Office program, Microsoft made a whole lot of money from Mac and still does make the only real Office program for it.

I'd hail anything over Anarachy. I do however go more for the Authortarianism and Centralist Control sort of direction but even Capitalism is better than Anarchy and grosses (what a perfect word for the situation) of Linux Distributions fighting each other, stopping, starting, new versions; it would be a mess, a mess that would represent a Hacker's Paradise. If a Distribution were to go out of business, as they would very often in such a world, Patches would not be made, and people who don't know that version was no longer supported would not know until a bug was found, a patch not released, and they are hacked.

bill gates doesnt want macintosh dead. think about it why would he? he owns part of APPLE computers. it wouldnt be a wise business decision for him to make

Yeah.. it has to be said Microsoft is the product of Capitalism; but many things start in a system they disapprove of. Even Marx says Communism needs a solid Capitalist Government for a reasonable amount of time before the Revolution.

Microsoft can't do whatever they want :D They are subordinate to the Governments of the World; a good show of this is against the EU. I'd like to see what exactly the EU could do; 5 Million a day is bad, but if Microsoft called their bluff what would they be able to do?

Re: Mac's no longer the

Lord Kalthorn said:
Yeah.. it has to be said Microsoft is the product of Capitalism; but many things start in a system they disapprove of. Even Marx says Communism needs a solid Capitalist Government for a reasonable amount of time before the Revolution.

Marx was simply wrong. There is no other way to put it. The system may look decent on paper, but it would never function as it isn't practical. But hey you aren't a practical person.

Microsoft can't do whatever they want :D They are subordinate to the Governments of the World; a good show of this is against the EU. I'd like to see what exactly the EU could do; 5 Million a day is bad, but if Microsoft called their bluff what would they be able to do?

The EU has caused a lot of stagnation in Europe. Bigger government is one of the worst things and could inhibit technological advance.

Surprise, surprise.. LK is wrong again.

Re: Mac's no longer the

Giancarlo said:
Marx was simply wrong. There is no other way to put it. The system may look decent on paper, but it would never function as it isn't practical. But hey you aren't a practical person.
I'm not backing Communism :D I merely back the Centralist Control; people cannot be equal and treating them as such doesn't help anybody.

Giancarlo said:
The EU has caused a lot of stagnation in Europe. Bigger government is one of the worst things and could inhibit technological advance.

Surprise, surprise.. LK is wrong again.
The EU is a problem; because it is a middleman - remove the Governments of the Countries and you would have a whole lot better more powerful and efficient Country.

Back
Top Bottom