Proof that there is no God!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry guys, but there is a God, and i sure believe in Him. u cant change my views on any of those things. its just me. if u wanna debate about it, ok, bring it, but get it cool, alright? and if not, then thats good too.

You can't prove there is a god. The burden of proof is on you.. not atheists as we aren't intending to believe in anything..

just watch what you say in this thread ok, respect others beliefs

if you corrupt this thread you will get another ban, no more warnings

um acutally i just might be able to. ok see here, a . Man at my church, the pastor actually, had a really bad toothache. He had gone into to see the dentist and it turns out that he needed some real bad surgery to take out some bad infection or whatever (I forgot). The total cost of the operation was $775. Of course, he didn't really have the money, not even close. So he prayed. Days went by. Then, one week later, exactly, he is going to this pastor's seminar, on the 20th floor of some building and he's walking up stairs because the elevator was full. So here he is walking and as he is walking up the stairs a man suddenly stops him and says, “sir, I don't really know what's going on at all, but God just told me to hand this check of $775 to you. I have no clue who you are and I do hope I am doing the right thing.” Without saying another word he walks off and our pastor never saw him again. This is a personal experience that affected everyone at our church and it just proves God to quite some extent. I don't think that could've randomly happened. No coincidence at all. The exact amount? I don't think so. A blank check maybe, but the exact amount? Huh man. Pretty powerful. And also consider these points… The Earth...its size is perfect. The Earth's size and corresponding gravity holds a thin layer of mostly nitrogen and oxygen gases, only extending about 50 miles above the Earth's surface. If Earth were smaller, an atmosphere would be impossible, like the planet Mercury. If Earth were larger, its atmosphere would contain free hydrogen, like Jupiter.4 Earth is the only known planet equipped with an atmosphere of the right mixture of gases to sustain plant, animal and human life. Water...colorless, odorless and without taste, and yet no living thing can survive without it. Plants, animals and human beings consist mostly of water (about two-thirds of the human body is water). You'll see why the characteristics of water are uniquely suited to life. he human brain...simultaneously processes an amazing amount of information. Your brain takes in all the colors and objects you see, the temperature around you, the pressure of your feet against the floor, the sounds around you, the dryness of your mouth, even the texture of this article in your hand. Your brain registers emotional responses, thoughts and memories. At the same time your brain keeps track of the ongoing functions of your body like your breathing pattern, eyelid movement, hunger and movement of the muscles in your hands. Imagine looking at Mount Rushmore, in which the likenesses of Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt are carved. Could you ever believe that it came about by chance? Given infinite time, wind, rain and chance, it is still hard to believe something like that, tied to history, was randomly formed in the side of a mountain. Common sense tells us that people planned and skillfully carved those figures.

matt said:
just watch what you say in this thread ok, respect others beliefs

if you corrupt this thread you will get another ban, no more warnings

who is that to matt?

jac006 said:
um acutally i just might be able to. ok see here, a . Man at my church, the pastor actually, had a really bad toothache. He had gone into to see the dentist and it turns out that he needed some real bad surgery to take out some bad infection or whatever (I forgot). The total cost of the operation was $775. Of course, he didn't really have the money, not even close. So he prayed. Days went by. Then, one week later, exactly, he is going to this pastor's seminar, on the 20th floor of some building and he's walking up stairs because the elevator was full. So here he is walking and as he is walking up the stairs a man suddenly stops him and says, “sir, I don't really know what's going on at all, but God just told me to hand this check of $775 to you. I have no clue who you are and I do hope I am doing the right thing.”

This doesn't prove that there is a god. Praying doesn't prove that there is a god. I almost got shot in Ecuador because I got stuck in between a riot. It doesn't mean there is a god because I lived, but rather I got lucky. I find your story rather amusing though.

This is a personal experience that affected everyone at our church and it just proves God to quite some extent. I don't think that could've randomly happened. No coincidence at all.

I don't think it proves god at all. What makes the christian god so much more valid then say Zeus?

And also consider these points… The Earth...its size is perfect. The Earth's size and corresponding gravity holds a thin layer of mostly nitrogen and oxygen gases, only extending about 50 miles above the Earth's surface. If Earth were smaller, an atmosphere would be impossible, like the planet Mercury.

There are many other planets they say are capable of having an atmosphere like our own. It isn't unlikely. And firts off, this doesn't prove god.

Plants, animals and human beings consist mostly of water (about two-thirds of the human body is water). You'll see why the characteristics of water are uniquely suited to life. he human brain...simultaneously processes an amazing amount of information. Your brain takes in all the colors and objects you see, the temperature around you, the pressure of your feet against the floor, the sounds around you, the dryness of your mouth, even the texture of this article in your hand. Your brain registers emotional responses, thoughts and memories. At the same time your brain keeps track of the ongoing functions of your body like your breathing pattern, eyelid movement, hunger and movement of the muscles in your hands. Imagine looking at Mount Rushmore, in which the likenesses of Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt are carved.

Still doesn't prove god.. in fact all of those can be scientifically explained hwy they occur. Science explains it. Religion does not and never has. Religion is something we as humans have created to imprison people to prevent them from scientifically pursueing reality. You are using the "look around you" argument.. that's a logical fallacy in itself.

Could you ever believe that it came about by chance? Given infinite time, wind, rain and chance, it is still hard to believe something like that, tied to history, was randomly formed in the side of a mountain. Common sense tells us that people planned and skillfully carved those figures.

Oh here we go with the ridiculous random chance must prove god argument. It doesn't hold under its weight. It is up to you actually prove god, not with contradictory statements but rather factual evidence. You don't have any.

but u dont have any evidence to prove that there ISNT. so my argument still stands that there is a God. because of all the above. in my first big paragraph you can tell that there is a God. how could that happen to my pastor. explain that.

jac006 said:
but u dont have any evidence to prove that there ISNT. so my argument still stands that there is a God. because of all the above. in my first big paragraph you can tell that there is a God. how could that happen to my pastor. explain that.

Your argument doesn't hold because it doesn't have evidence. FIRST OFF: You need to prove it because you are the one making the claim. I'm not making any claims. I don't have to provide counter-evidence for something you can't prove in the first place. Your argument is ridiculous at best. I think what happened to your pastor was luck.

I'm atheist and I fight against this illogicality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom