X800 XL or 6800 GT (both pci e and 256mb)

Anyone who looks at the situation logically, will know the 6950 series will own the X850, and the X850 XT PE for that matter. ATI can't hold the lead forever. They are a niche graphics company. NVidia besides has more resources and more money spent towards R&D.

I still think ATI is gonna be better, and ATI in a way has a lead in terms of who is gonna be making the newer cards. They came out with the X850 what, like a few months ago and nvidia still hasn't come out with the 6950, so even when they do, ATI will be on their way to coming out with the x900 or whatever it will be called. Plus ATI is gonna be having their AMR (I think that's what it's called) which will get a lot of sales for people who want SLI, but not nvidia based GPU's. But like I said, none of this really matters since the difference between a lot of these cards is barely there.

its hard to say that they can pull off AMR. i heard it was two 16x pci-e lanes? is that possible? so basically its 32x.

winterfreshpwnz said:
I still think ATI is gonna be better, and ATI in a way has a lead in terms of who is gonna be making the newer cards. They came out with the X850 what, like a few months ago and nvidia still hasn't come out with the 6950, so even when they do, ATI will be on their way to coming out with the x900 or whatever it will be called. Plus ATI is gonna be having their AMR (I think that's what it's called) which will get a lot of sales for people who want SLI, but not nvidia based GPU's. But like I said, none of this really matters since the difference between a lot of these cards is barely there.

ATI however does not have nearly the amount of resources Nvidia does, nor the money to spend towards huge projects like NVidia. AMR? Wasn't that a standard from a while back? It never worked out.

ATI will eventually become second rate, because NVidia just has a lot more invested towards R&D. I doubt ATI can pull the same thing AMD did, because NVidia isn't as stupid as Intel.

can you please post a link stating that AMR never worked out and they scrapped the project? also i just read in a pc megazine about 20 mins ago that Nvidia is sitting out on this years upgrade scene saying that their 6800 series are good enough.

cant wait for those 6950 ultras...its gonna drop the price of the 6800's. and thats when im gonna get one.

LOL Woot! I'm gonna wait till nVIDIA come's out with their 512mb 6800 Ultra...oh yesss. :D

Back
Top Bottom