overheating problem

I'd get ur friend to do it 4 ya, from wat i've read u dont sound too experienced and therefore I wouldn't want u breaking anything!! U can buy thermal paste from any computer hardware store or online, it just depends wat country ur from!! U.S.= www.newegg.com

U.k.= www.microdirect.co.uk

ur right.. thanks for the idea.. what if this still didn't work? should i buy a new case with lots of fans?

I'd just start by gettina new heatsink and fan for the cpu then get better case coolin if the problem is not solved!!

Well ontop of ur processor u'll probably have ametal dohickey called a heatsink this dissapates heat away from the cpu, the fan just aids it in its task!!

Ummm...

Try a can of air and blow out the heatsink fins. Dust and dirt getting in to the system settles on the fins. DO NOT turn the can upside down when using it. The propellant is super cold and can crack a chip. Turn off the system, take off the side cover and let it cool off for a few mins first. Then blow it out real good.
It simply could be the insides are dirty.

ardy89 said:
It is a white paste that sits between ur cpu and heatsink, it provides better contact and heat dissapation, urs might have gone bad or u put too much on!! A thin layer is all that is required!!!

not always white...mine is silver...and maybe his heatsink had that tacky thermal pad that melts around the core? buy a good cooler, and sum good thermal paste. (i use arctic silver 5)

eunice said:
what is a heatsink? is it different from a fan? sorry... :(
I'm not being rude to you kid but you appear to have little to no knowlage of the guts of a computer. In my opinion you best better take it to a shop and let them remount the heatsink if that's what you think it is. Myself and shops in my area only charge 20 bucks to install a new or remount an old heatsink.
But my money's on it's just needing a good cleaning.

setishock said:
Myself and shops in my area only charge 20 bucks to install a new or remount an old heatsink.

20! does that include you buying it, or just fitting it? hope the heatsink is all included in that price lol.

Back
Top Bottom