what the...?

qdn745

Solid State Member
all of a sudden my proceesor bus speed just decreased after i reformatted my computer. It was 3 hundred and something yesterday and now its 166mhz does anyone know what happened?? my AGP bus speed also went down... any ideas what happened? i never overclocked anything by the way. Any help is appreciated.

It seems to have decreased by half, HAve u got the fsb set correctly in the bios!!! It cud b cool 'n' quiet but that depends on the cpu u have!!

Yes its a amd xp 3000+ but what do you mean by that, can you please explain? bad thing or good thing? normal or not normal?

hardly a bad thing...itd be bad if it doubled in speed instead of halved, cus it would of fried itself. u tried changing it bk in the bios and seeing if it stays?

umm no my bios restrict overclocking or changing any types of speeds, so i guess it is the cool n quiet thing. well as long as its not a bad thing i'm cool with it but thx for ur helps.

Nope its not cool 'n' quiet, the barton core do not support it!!! Did u sue two different sources to get the fsb, co it can sumtimes display it at its true speed and some can dispaly it at its doubled speed!!!

i'm getting worried now, i'm not seeing it at different sources, it displays in my bios. yesterday it displayed 333Mhz but just now when i checked it said 166Mhz. any ideas on what happened?

U appear to have reset ur cmos or bios to default settings!!! press windows key and pause/break on the ur keyboard whilst at the desktop and see wat ur cpu clock says!! It shud be 2.2ghz or near that!!!!

in my bios theres a setting called 'linear' and when i change it to the other one, it'll let me change the fsb. its default is either 'linear' or the other 1 that i cnt remember. but i know it locks me from changin the fsb when it is one of the two

Back
Top Bottom