overheating problem

eunice1

In Runtime
hi guys! my pc is always overheating. it reaches 52 degrees celsius. what should i do?

here are my specs:

AMD Duron 1.3 Ghz
Kingston 256MB DDR PC 2700 (333 Mhz)
40 GB Seagate Barracuda
Inno3D NVIDIA RIVA TNT2
3 fans (1 in video card, 1 in CPU, 1 in power supply)

I asked a guy in a computer store if i could add extra fans in my PC, but he told me that it will just ruin my power supply. is this true? i also figured out that even if i wanted to add several fans in my PC, my case does not have extra space, holes or whatsoever. what do you think is the best option for me? should i buy a new case and power supply? and by the way, the PC guy also advised me to change my CPU and mobo... thanks for the time and patience...

buy a better CPU Fan one thats made for your processor i take it your processor is over heating?

oh ok.. my processor overheats. it even reaches 52 degrees celsius. i have a red fox fan right now. what is the best brand for fans? and how much does it costs?

52C is not overheating at all. I dont even see how your stuff is overheating when its not restarting or anything like that.

aCb said:
52C is not overheating at all. I dont even see how your stuff is overheating when its not restarting or anything like that.

my pc often malfunctions. my dvd-rom and floppy cant read when its really hot..

Well, it is rather hot for that cpu!!!! My Barton was only at 40 celcius wen it was workin!!!! Try reseatin the cpu and reapplyin the thermal paste!!

ardy89 said:
Well, it is rather hot for that cpu!!!! My Barton was only at 40 celcius wen it was workin!!!! Try reseatin the cpu and reapplyin the thermal paste!!

what is a thermal paste? could you explain it a little bit further? sorry, im just a beginner... thanks for the patience and understanding...

It is a white paste that sits between ur cpu and heatsink, it provides better contact and heat dissapation, urs might have gone bad or u put too much on!! A thin layer is all that is required!!!

i bought my mobo and CPU from a friend. i wasn't the one who installed it so i dont have any idea about thermal pastes. where can i buy the thermal paste? how much does it costs? the heatsink is the fan, right?

Back
Top Bottom