Pentium 4 vs. Athlon 64

Do you believe anyone Gian? Tomshardware is a great resource and reliable information. They have no reason to "skew" results. If you dont believe any resources, do them your self.

jack22 said:
Do you believe anyone Gian? Tomshardware is a great resource and reliable information. They have no reason to "skew" results. If you dont believe any resources, do them your self.

There is no way in hell a Celeron D out of all processors is faster then a Sempron. By the way, Semprons will start to be released on the 939 chipset.

Giancarlo said:
Oh here we go again with the nonsense spree.. you need to be kept in line. AMD is growing its sizable lead. It has not been destroyed. Just accept the reality. Intel sold more EM64T processors then AMD sold 64-bit processors? You are so full of yourself. You need to study economics. Simply put, AMD sold more Athlon 64s then Intel will ever sell of the 6xx.
Not really; it was on Cnet
here you can believe from that what you want but of all the sources on the Internet even you must believe something from CNet.

About Destroyed; I didn't say that about AMD - I said that about whatever sizable edge they had, I neither said it didn't have an un-sizable edge nor did I say AMD has been destroyed.

I didn't say of the 6xx :D They're not even released fully; I said of 64-bit Processors and studying Economics is not required when its said in normal words that a 5 year old could read, and most 8 year olds could understand. Studying economics would not make that any more clear. I'm sure you probably have some brilliant Economist Source about Sales which could say otherwise to CNet? :D
Giancarlo said:
The 6xx is junk.
Shouldn't you really back that up with something or are they to take your word for it?

Giancarlo said:
If you guys were smart you would not get the Celeron D. Tomshardware has the tendency of skewing results.
Show us some where Sempron does as well against Celeron D as Celeron D did in those then?

Giancarlo said:
There is no way in hell a Celeron D out of all processors is faster then a Sempron. By the way, Semprons will start to be released on the 939 chipset.
Show us that its not then? I am afterall awaiting in anticipation...

jack22 said:
He believes himself :D Tomshardware is not biased; it only ever seems to squewer information you think is wrong. It doesn't seem to have a trend - AMD win what they win everywhere else, Intel win what they win everywhere else. If Giancarlo could show they squewer anything that wouild be interesting but I'm pretty sure he's forgotten how to actually prove anything.

Whoa! All i wanted was some help and now i got a heated argument! Okay, i'm troubled now, but i think i may go for the Sempron 2200+ because of the price and the fact that i know more about them than Celerons.

I wouldn't go for a Celeron personally. They may have an advantage on certain things compared to the Athlon 64, but I reckon you should stick to the Sempron, Athlon 64 or the P4 6xx line. the reason for this is the P4 6xx is a well better CPU than the Celeron that has features that compare to the Athlon64. The Athlon and the Sempron are also great performers for the money and have the possiblity of upgrading in the future. The socket 478 and LGA775 does not (Dual cores need Mods).

If you have £150 budget for a CPU, go for a Athlon 64 3000+ on socket 939. Make sure it's a Winchester core as these will overclock better due to the 90nm manufacturing process. You can get that at www.ebuyer.com for £100. I see little reason for you to get the 3200+ for the 6-7% speed increase over the £35 premium. It will do what you want it to do no problem. Also, this is not too much more expensive over the Celeron D but has a lot more power than it as well as upgrade potential and 64bit support. Current SKT939 motherboards will also support AMD's dual cores when they are released. The P4 6xx series is out of your price league and really for your needs has very little advantages. You won't go wrong with the SKT939 Winchester Athlon 64 3000+.

Gaincarlo, can you not just cool it a little. Just like the arguments we had over the nVidia FX series and such, you are jumping in a blowing it out of proportion. I'm not saying don't view your opinion, but please just chill a little and read other post throughly, it's not a war.

Chill. Peace.

If ur gonnna do vid editin then get the p4, i'd get the amd if it was the fx55!! And that wud have to be overclocked!!!

OK, the FX55 is a great CPU, but as the dude said, he only has £150. The best CPU that he can get for HIS situation for HIS budget is the Athlon 64 3000+ Winchester SKT939

Back
Top Bottom