How do yo feel about the pledge of Allegiance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giancarlo said:
That was nothing less then an insult against me and the country I support, it is not well said. It is disgusting. In fact LK should be reprimanded for flaming me.

"I'd hope you're not that kind of America is the Best you're the one with the Smelly Chest sort of Patriot"

Why the hell would you say that LK?
I insulted the Country you support; people insult Microsoft all the time - I don't take it as flaming :D I take it as them not knowing the truth, and its my job to make them believe. Be laid back :D Its the difference between Christians and Jehovah's Whitnesses, a Christian believes something, believes it as right and trys to convert people by debating, telling and challenging older beliefs. Jehovah's Witnesses pray on the old, the suffering and the weak minded to get them to believe the world will end.

I said that because that's the sort of childish phrase I attribute to the general trend of that kind of patriot; the ones in the films and I still doubt the one's I'm talking about are what you're talking about, in the films its extreme but the point is still there. A Patriot fights for a country to be a country, to keep what it is and to do what it needs, he believes in his country, he believes its doing what's right and he helps it protect its interests. In the films, and I'm still not attributing the behavior to you, they fight for the country and the music is there; they do all the above things to music but they also put Patrism down to saving an American's life with the use of a dozen men, then Patriotism down to not risking a dozen men to save any body else's life. They applaude the idea of American Heros valiantly fighting to control the outcome of a Civil War that they're not involved in and put it down to Patriotism. A Patriot fights for the Soul of a Country, not neccersarily in battle it has to be said but they do. In the films Patriotism seems to be fighting for anything America is involved in; external wars, single Americans stranded somewhere, political unheaval... Americans have died as Patriots to see an America as strong as it is now; but I'm pretty sure they would all be disgusted at the way, not that its gone, that's not what I'm talking about but the way the American Patriot thinks.

I think however Jefforaby proves the point; he links being proud of America with the War in Iraq.

Lord Kalthorn said:
I insulted the Country you support; people insult Microsoft all the time - I don't take it as flaming :D I take it as them not knowing the truth, and its my job to make them believe. Be laid back :D Its the difference between Christians and Jehovah's Whitnesses, a Christian believes something, believes it as right and trys to convert people by debating, telling and challenging older beliefs. Jehovah's Witnesses pray on the old, the suffering and the weak minded to get them to believe the world will end.

You are so lame I don't think I can even provide a response that is serious. I don't think I even want to.

I said that because that's the sort of childish phrase I attribute to the general trend of that kind of patriot; the ones in the films and I still doubt the one's I'm talking about are what you're talking about, in the films its extreme but the point is still there. --- blah blah blah blah blah --- Americans have died as Patriots to see an America as strong as it is now; but I'm pretty sure they would all be disgusted at the way, not that its gone, that's not what I'm talking about but the way the American Patriot thinks.

One sentence in response to this gibberish... irrelevant gibberish.. get my views down right before you attack me. And understand I said nothing about homosexuality, war movies or anything else.

Additionally, I can be proud of this country without serving in the military. I supported the war in Iraq. Doesn't mean I have to serve there. That's the strawman's argument.

Giancarlo said:
You are so lame I don't think I can even provide a response that is serious. I don't think I even want to.
I can die happily now :D You actually can't think of anything to say?
Giancarlo said:
One sentence in response to this gibberish... irrelevant gibberish.. get my views down right before you attack me. And understand I said nothing about homosexuality, war movies or anything else.

Additionally, I can be proud of this country without serving in the military. I supported the war in Iraq. Doesn't mean I have to serve there. That's the strawman's argument.
I was not attacking you in anyway. I moaned about Patriots; you thought I was trying to kill your spirit. I was the one talking about War Movies:
Lord Kalthorn said:
I feel like playing some of that cheesy America is Great Music they always play in those War Films when America is wasting resources and risking a dozen to save one man. Its especially funny when sometimes before they play the same music with somebody refuses to kill one man to save a dozen men.
You somehow thought I was bashing your beliefs. I have already said if I had to think of what everybody thought about what I would say I would be a very bored and beared person. I don't; its a whole lot easier that way. You know that, I know that, everybody knows that. You wouldn't change your views if I thought they were offensive, and you wouldn't not represent them because of it; I would not expect or warrent it - it would be a very boring world.

Giancarlo said:
Lk's doing. :(

I don't think it was LK's fault. He simply posted his views, not exactly bashing you, Gian. Then you, Gian, when out of control.....thus you ruining the thread.

Jefforaby said:
I don't think it was LK's fault. He simply posted his views, not exactly bashing you, Gian. Then you, Gian, when out of control.....

You again are speaking out of thin air. You have been caught in many lies today. And this is yet another one. LK flamed me and threw this thread out of control. Again don't lie.

Giancarlo said:
You again are speaking out of thin air. You have been caught in many lies today. And this is yet another one. LK flamed me and threw this thread out of control. Again don't lie.

Once again, you're wrong..... you are out of your minds today. LK didn't flame at you. You took it too personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom